Free

Country

United States

Device

Computer/iPhone XR

Operating System

Windows 10/iOS 12

My Question or Issue

Hey, I'm trying to sign up for the student premium option. It recognized my name and university without any hassle, really. Says I've got the student verification. However, when I go to pay, it gives me a very confusing message: It looks like you've taken a trial before, which means you aren't eligible for this offer. To my knowledge, I've never signed up for any kind of trial with Spotify on the account I was on. In fact, the reason I was getting the student version was so that I could use spotify on my phone, and choose a song or listen to a podcast offline, as I only really used it on the computer because I always had a free version, and never even tried the premium, to my knowledge.

Is there any way that I can get rid of the message? Or at least unverify my student account so I could use it on spotify account that isn't bugged? I can't wait a year for it to expire, as I won't be a student in a year. If it helps, I did try to use the same payment account as my sister, who was able to successfully get a spotify student account under her name. I don't know if that would confuse anything. I've tried doing multiple things suggested on other forum posts with a similar problem, and I've had no luck retrying payment options, switching to my school email, or using incognito.

1 Reply

Hi there @Vitellius,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

Keep in mind that you won't be able to get a Premium trial if you're using a payment method that was already used on another account, in this case your sister's. That said, you'd need to use a different payment method.

If you don't have any other payment method available, you can reach out to our Support team through any of these channels so they can help you removing the trial eligibility from your account so you can subscribe using the same payment details as your sister - just keep in mind that you'll be charged the regular student subscription fee and won't be able to get the free trial.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions, the Community is here for you.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts