Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Canada] Can I get a Google Home mini if I'm using a gift card/pay as you go method?

Solved!

[Canada] Can I get a Google Home mini if I'm using a gift card/pay as you go method?

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I used a spotify gift card ($30 for 3 months) to pay for my premium subcription (gift card subscription ends on May 25), yet I'm not eligible for the google home mini promotion. I also have a valid method of payment attached to my account.

spotify.JPG
26 Replies

Are you on automatic monthly payments or do you pay for a a few months at a time - that may be the issue.

I have a Spotify Premium subscription. Individual, not family. $9.99 a month.

I visit https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/googlehome/offer/ which tells me that the subscription I have is eligible for a free Google Home Mini.

I click either the 'Get Started' call to action or 'Get Your Google Home Mini' (doesn't matter which, they both go to the same place).

I wind up on https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/purchase/products/?country=CA, with a message telling me that I'm 'not eligible for that offer', but suggesting a Family subscription, yearly Premium subscription, or Student Premium subscription.

What gives? How do I get my Google Home Mini?

Hey, @ChrGriffin 

Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for contacting us here!

About your issue, I suggest that you be in touch with the Customer Support.

If you need more information or have any other issue, let me know!

Best Regards

hezorg (Luan Araújo)

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

My Question or Issue

I have an individual, full-price premium account. I signed up through the Spotify app on my Playstation. When I log in on the website, it says I'm ineligible for the Mini, how come and how can I get around it 🙂

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

Samsung Galaxy s8

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Hi spotify. I just subscribed the premium today. But it is still in the trial peroid and not eligible to redeem the google home mini. My trial time wil be ended on May 11 and the promotion will be ended on May 9. Can I still be able to claim the offer when my trial time ends?

Hi there

I am prettyt sure that you do not have to have the trial to get the google home mini bundle. So if I were you I would cancel the trial and buy  premium and than I think you would be eligble. Please like I am trying to get rockstar

How did you make out? Did you find out how to cancel your trail and just pay the fee?

Suggested posts