Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Canada] Can I get a Google Home mini if I'm using a gift card/pay as you go method?

Solved!

[Canada] Can I get a Google Home mini if I'm using a gift card/pay as you go method?

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I used a spotify gift card ($30 for 3 months) to pay for my premium subcription (gift card subscription ends on May 25), yet I'm not eligible for the google home mini promotion. I also have a valid method of payment attached to my account.

spotify.JPG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome in the Community.

Right now, the Google Home Mini offer is only available to those with a regular Premium subscription in your region.

Keep in mind that you'll need a recurring Premium subscription to claim a Google Home Mini. You can register your interest in receiving a Promotional Code (subject to availability) at the end of your pre-paid time, if you set up a recurring subscription to Spotify.

If you don't have a recurring method, you won't be able to make use of this offer. Rest assured, we'll pass on your feedback about this.

If there's anything else, just let us know 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

26 Replies

The same thing is happening to me. I switched to Spotify Premium last week so I am still within the free trial, however the Google Home is available for all new and old users. I also have a valid payment method linked to my account. Any reason why I am no eligible?

I have the same effing problem. Paid $60 single premium and been on Spotify for quite few years now.

I am a premium subscriber paying $9.99 per month; however, I get the error message that I am not eligible for the Google Home Mini. I had previously paid using a gift card (although I don't see how using a gift card should make you not eligible since it is still payment...) so Spotify told me I would need to cancel my subscription and resubscribe using a different form of payment. I did this and added my Visa as the payment. I get to the confirmation page saying I will get send my receipt and that I qualify for the Google Home Mini. I click on the "Reserve yours now" button and it takes me right back to the page saying I am not eligible for this offer. What the heck Spotify! This shouldn't be so troublesome. 

Marked as solution

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome in the Community.

Right now, the Google Home Mini offer is only available to those with a regular Premium subscription in your region.

Keep in mind that you'll need a recurring Premium subscription to claim a Google Home Mini. You can register your interest in receiving a Promotional Code (subject to availability) at the end of your pre-paid time, if you set up a recurring subscription to Spotify.

If you don't have a recurring method, you won't be able to make use of this offer. Rest assured, we'll pass on your feedback about this.

If there's anything else, just let us know 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Plan

Premium (Yearly)

Country

Canada

My Question or Issue

I'm trying to redeem the google home mini for premium subscribers but it is asking me to subscribe to the monthly plan even though I have paid for premium until the end of this year.

Is this an error or is this not being offered to long-term subscribers?

Same thing happening to me. I’v been paying with a gift card for a year and a half but it’s saying I’m not eligible? I don’t see why the gift card paying customers are not allowed. 

I’ve been a premium member for about a year and it’s telling me I’m not eligible! Why? 

I have a reoccurring subscription with my visa but my top method to pay is by gift card. I’m paying the regular paid subscription through gift card first till December 27th. Why am I not eligible? 

Just happened to upsate credit card info in the account. Would this have anything to do with not letting me be eligible for the free google mini? 

@Katerina wrote:

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome in the Community!

Hope this helps clarify things! 

Hello @Katerina

How do we go about registering our interest in the promo code? My payment comes out the day after the promotion expires 😕 but I have had a verified payment method on my account for several months. Thank you!

Hi,

I have a premium account for a long time now, recently changed to Family Premium, means I am not eligible? When I tried to redeem it, it actually changed my account to Premium instead and said it would automatically change on the 28th. Means I have to wait until that point to redeem the Google mini? Also does it mean I can't have my Family account anymore?

Thanks!

@Katerina wrote:

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome in the Community!

Hope this helps clarify things! 

I don't see anything in the promotion terms saying that prepaid subscribers are not eligible.

Hey there @Kbay15,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community about this.

Unfortunately, if you don't have a recurring method, you won't be able to make use of this offer.

Rest assured, we'll pass on your feedback about this.

Hope that clears things up!

KaterinaModerator

In order to receive this Supplemental Offer, users must satisfy the conditions listed at

4(A)-(C) below (each an “Eligible User”). Eligibility is determined by Spotify at its sole discretion and we may limit eligibility or duration to prevent abuse of this Supplemental Offer:

(A) be, or register to become, an account holder of a valid individual and full-priced subscription to Spotify Premium (a form of Paid Subscription) in Canada (each a “Premium Account Holder”). Subscriptions to Spotify Premium for Students or Spotify Premium for Family are not eligible for this Supplemental Offer. Subject to whether you are an existing or new Premium Account Holder, the following terms apply:

(i) Existing Premium Account Holders: your ability to access Spotify Premium shall continue unaffected. By registering your interest to receive a Promotional Code (as defined below) and by redeeming such code on the Google Store, you (i) accept this Supplemental Offer and (ii) acknowledge and agree to these Supplemental Offer Terms; or

(ii) New Premium Account Holders: this Supplemental Offer allows you to access Spotify Premium for the advertised monthly price after you successfully subscribe by completing your payment. By submitting your payment details, (i) you accept this Supplemental Offer; and (ii) acknowledge and agree to the Spotify Terms of Use and these Supplemental Offer Terms. Any personal information that we may collect and process under this Supplemental Offer will be done in accordance with the Spotify Privacy Policy.

If you are an existing subscriber to a free or discounted trial for any Paid Subscription, you are not eligible for this Supplement Offer. You may register your interest in receiving a Promotional Code (subject to availability) at the end of your trial period if you become a paying subscriber to Spotify Premium.

New Premium Account Holders will be able to access their Spotify Premium subscriptions immediately upon successful purchase, at which point Spotify will have completed immediate performance of this contract in each case.

(B) have a valid and current payment method; and

(C) pay for your Spotify Premium subscription directly to Spotify and not through a third party (e.g., not through a cable or telecommunications provider).

By having a prepaid subscription, don't I satisfy these terms as long as I have a valid payment method attached?

We're giving the same exact amount of funds (9.99 a month) just all upfront with no risk of cancellation after 1 month. Seems silly we can't get the Google Home Mini's when someone could simply register, pay 1 month, and cancel...

I am still confused. I have a recurring oknthly premium account and it still tells me I am not eligible for the offer. I would appreciate something a little more direct than a form response as it appears there are some glitches in the system for long time users .

Hi Katarina,

related issue - the discount code was not applied automatically when going through google store as it was mentioned should happen.  So when the order was processed Google Store charged me full price.  I spoke with Google Store customer support and they cannot fix the order and cancelled it, and they showed me how to get the promo code from the web address bar and asked me to manually enter in the checkout - this popped up a window stating it could not be used again.  Google Store said Spotify has to reissue a new code.  I sent a message to Spotify Customer support but got back a generic reply about users needing to be recurring premium subscribers which does not address the web page problem with the discount not being applied.

I have the same problem. I thought of canceling to get on a monthly plan but I can't cancel!

I have a recurring premium account @ $9.99 and have had it for a couple of years, its not a family plan nor a trial and yet im being told im not eligible. It says right on the website that I can get one so Im not sure why I cant? I dont even recieve an email.

Suggested posts