Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Canada]Google Home Mini Order Cancelled and Spotify Told Me They Can't Do Anything

[Canada]Google Home Mini Order Cancelled and Spotify Told Me They Can't Do Anything

After using the promotion link for the Google Home Mini and the order went through, Google Store cancelled my order. I think there was something wrong with the billing address.

GS cancelled order emailGS cancelled order email

I called Google Store, they said I need to contact Spotify and ask them for another promo code.

So I sent Spotify an email requesting a new promo code, but their response is asking me to contact Google Store despite I told them I already did 😤

Spotify's response 1Spotify's response 1

Frustrated, I called Google Store again and it's the same story. This time they even sent me an email so I can show it to Spotify that it's their reponsibility to send me another promo code.

Google Store's responseGoogle Store's response

Then I sent Spotify another email, and their response is they can't do anything.

Spotify's Response 2Spotify's Response 2

Is there anything I can do at this point? I'm sure there are others with my problem. Can't help but feeling I got scammed, it seems Spotify's deal is one promo code per subscription not one device per subscription. 

4 Replies

Hey @WheresMyMini, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great!

Thanks for the info and all of the screenshots. 

This offer has ended in Canada. In this case, I'd recommend keeping an eye on Spotify.com for future deals and promotional offers.

No need to worry about you feeling like you got scammed. The offer was for a month, or until the devices have run out - and it seems like that's the case here. If there is another deal in the future, I'd recommend acting fast to ensure that you reserve your spot.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

What are you talking about m8, this has nothing to do with them running out of stock. 

Hey @WheresMyMini.

Thanks for the reply! 

I’d recommend reaching out to Spotify for more help with this. You can find some more info here on how to do this.

Have a nice day 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

These are some moronic replies. 
The offer has not expired, and they have not run out of stock.

Spotify is just refusing to honour their promotion. I've been emailing with them back and forth for 2 weeks, I've opened up numerous cases with their horrible support and they still refuse to give me a new code so I can place a new order since mine was cancelled.

Suggested posts