Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone, PC

Operating System

iOS, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When going to https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/googlehome/redeem/ to redeem my google home mini, after being a premium subscriber for years, I am greeted with "We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment." 

I notice this seems to be an ongoing issue for US customers and also can't help but notice I never received an email advertising this promotion.  This seems like a huge attempt to grab new customers while shafting your existing ones pretending like it's an error or bug when it is simply just not part of your plan to accomodate existing customers.  Please provide a solution and not just links to the same redeem pages over and over which seemed to be all that was done for US customers.  

385 Replies

OK So that is BS - their webpage is at fault for not applying discount and they are not doing anything.  I too had the exact same issue - I dealth with Google Store support and they advised all the same info to try entering the code manually with same result.  They said Spotify needs to give us a new code.  To see your response from Spotify is unreasonable.  They need to fix this.

Just a generic auto-email

I get the same two messages than you here.

First the link and it says you registered your interest. Then I click the green link and says not able to redeem at this moment.

Also Premium individual for years.

I completly agree, this scheme of attracting new customers falls short for your most loyal ones: the family plan members.  Not only is this an embarrsing shortcoming on Spotify's part its also an insult to your best paying members by telling them they are exlcluded from the benefits a single premium account holder would have. ridiculous. 

The result will be that we will leave. Premeuim family plan members will flock to competitiors out of simple anger, myself among them.  

Fix this Spotify , fix this NOW. 

im already pricing out youTube misic or google options.   what a joke. 

i got the same message,  what a joke. we cant just take this, UK and US family plan holders ended up getting the offer extended to them. we can do the same if we dont take this quietly.  time to unleash a social media storm. 

Same here. Premium account for years. Unable to claim reward at this time. No email in my inbox or spam folders. Several of my friends have been able to claim their speaker. 

spotify1.png
spotify2.png

Hello, I have a premium spotify account at $ 9.99 per month and not family. I made the request for google home around 18h ​​tonight. I still have not received mail and I will click on Premium and Start to have google   : Thank you so much ! You have already expressed interest in this offer. Check availability  I click and:then it says sorry, but you can not take advantage of... ?  Can you help me please? I have my premium account and not family account . Thank !

Ha ha that reply is a generic autobot response that doesn't answer any of
your questions and doesn't offer you anywhere else to turn.

Only maked me angrier Stephen 🤨🙄🤯😡

Are you planning on reaching out to Spotify for a new promotion code? Or make a new Premium account? I don’t quite know how to reach Spotify about this.

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

I applied for the Google home mini promo in Canada, and after submitting for my free mini I realised the email address used was wrong and I no longer have acess to it. I can't seem to find a way to have the promo resent to my actual email.

Same for me! Really disappointed that existing customers can't have the same promotion than new customers. Been using Spotify since a couple of years...

Same problem 😞 hope it works can't wait to play Spotify off this device 

same problem. hope they fix this soon.

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Unfortunately, the Google Home Mini promotion can not be redeemed if your premium plan is non-standard.  This means that student plans, family plans, or Spotify Premium received through a partnering program are not eligible, as they all offer discounted rates and/or access to additional services such as Hulu with your purchase of the Spotify Premium service.  

I hope this helps!

There has been some delay between claiming a Google Home Mini and receiving an email with next steps for redeeming the offer.  The main reasons for this delay are that Spotify must complete a background check to verify the user is a Premium subscriber, and to ensure that there are still enough devices left, as there are a limited number available and this has been a popular promotion.

If you do not receive an email soon, please contact Spotify support. 

Thank you for your patience, and I hope this helps!

There has been some delay between claiming a Google Home Mini and receiving an email with next steps for redeeming the offer.  The main reasons for this delay are that Spotify must complete a background check to verify the user is a Premium subscriber, and to ensure that there are still enough devices left, as there are a limited number available and this has been a popular promotion.

If you do not receive an email soon, please contact Spotify support. 

Thank you for your patience, and I hope this helps!

Just signed up for Premium but in the free 30 days.

Country

Canada

My Question or Issue

I signed up for the google mini and it said I am eligible but it was going to be a few days for me to claim because of popularity but I could enter my code in at the time. I saw the code on the previous page and of course I didn't write it down because I thought it was going to just take me to a different screen. How do I get my google mini code?

I haven't received an email with the code either...

Help please thank you.

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community regarding this.

We really appreciate registering your interest in the Google Home Mini bundle!

It may take a few days for your device to become available, as demand has been high. We'd recommend keeping an eye on your inbox in the meanwhile.

Hope this helps clarify things. If there's anything else, just let us know 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hay do you guys have an ETA on this?

Hey @JessFF, and welcome to the community.

Hope you’re doing great!

Could you try redeeming your Google Home Mini here? It’d be best to use a different browser or incognito mode to do this. These steps would be helpful:

1. Log in to Spotify.com using a new browser
  2. Once you’re logged in, use the link I provided above to redeem your Google Home Mini.

Let me know how this goes 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts