Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone, PC

Operating System

iOS, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When going to https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/googlehome/redeem/ to redeem my google home mini, after being a premium subscriber for years, I am greeted with "We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment." 

I notice this seems to be an ongoing issue for US customers and also can't help but notice I never received an email advertising this promotion.  This seems like a huge attempt to grab new customers while shafting your existing ones pretending like it's an error or bug when it is simply just not part of your plan to accomodate existing customers.  Please provide a solution and not just links to the same redeem pages over and over which seemed to be all that was done for US customers.  

385 Replies

same thing happened to me!

also, I didn't check out with guest order. I checked out with a google account while a google reps helped me over the phone.

It's very dissapointing indeed.

I know this is crazy but the dates was pushed further back in the ... Past?! Re-checking the site on the 17th in the evening, they changed the datevagain to the 14th of April. I dunno what these guys are doing now...

Even if you reach out to Spotify all they tell you is that it’s one code per person.  Went through the terms and condition. It says we are to be provided a code not a link. Spotify really dropping the ball on this. Makes you jump through hoops and will send you an email saying they can’t do anything

Well then i guess that there would be a lot of people in this situation.
Legal action maybe?

Possibly that’s what I was thinking - they said it was according to their terms and conditions . No where in terms and condition did they say it was going to be a link instead of a code.  At least with a code you can talk to google to figure it out

Got that same email

I'm trying to register for this offer:

It looks like you've not registered your interest for this offer yet.

When I click on register it just takes me to the Spotify home page, does that mean I've successfully registered for the offer? Visiting the page again gives me the same message about not being registered for the offer.

Hello, 

Whenever i click on the link provided it says "you have nkt registered your interest for this offer to do so click here" but then it sends me to Spotify with nowhere to register, ive had premium for over a year but never received this offer

@Kenpachib wrote:

Hello, 

Whenever i click on the link provided it says "you have nkt registered your interest for this offer to do so click here" but then it sends me to Spotify with nowhere to register, ive had premium for over a year but never received this offer

I have the exact same issue. I'd like ma' Google Home Mini, please!

To add insult to injury, when i checked yesterday night around 7 pm eastern, the end date was pushed further in the past to april 14th. Spotify surely bit too much they could chew on this one... 😞

I too am having problems with redeeming my google home mini. I was sent a link and when I went to choose a mini, the black one was not available and the white one said available. So picking it, it then when to OUT of Stock. I went to reserve one and was put on a waiting list. I NEVER received another email but I went back through the link to check the status throughout the week. After about 2 weeks, I was able to get on the page to redeem. I was not able to add my address and not it won't let me order or edit my address. Now I have to purchase it???? !!!! At a discount price. WHY? I have spoken to Google and they say I don't have an order. I can't find an email address or a phone number to contact customer service for SPOTIFY. So I'm sorry for jumping on your post. But I'm getting very frustrated and would like to know what is happening to my order. If I can't receive the google mini I would like to cancel my subscription to Spotify and get my money back because this is faulse  advertising.

I am sorry to hear that. I know my order is genuine because I have a proof
from google store support.

All I have to do now is wait. May 8th to 9th

I also suggest that you talk with @spotifycares on twitter... We are users here like you. We are not spotify employees.

What "fee"? It's free unless you opted for faster shipping.

But in the world of Spotify  looks like this Google Home Mini is a mess....I ordered mine April 11th at around 9:30 am & it looks like I'm getting mine the 15th - 16th of May, while others whom I know ordered a day or two after I did, AND they have already received theirs      

But that's on Google, right?

Spotify just provided the link/code to buy the speaker, however those delivery times are insanely weird.

Spoiler

I signed up as a new spotify premium member durring the promotion period and still haven't recieved my email to redeam the google home mini yet.  How long should it take? It's been over a week.

Thanks,

R

Thank you ... I will

I am having the same problem.  I get the message 

404s and heartbreaks

We couldn’t find the page you were looking for. Maybe our FAQ or Community can help?

If you subscribed after 5pm on the 17th if April , I have bad news for you.

On that day, first of all the end date moved from May 9th to that date
during the morning

Then, witchcraft made it moved to April 14th in the evening

But why!??

Anyhow i have terrible news, especially if @spotifycares tells you they
can't help you...

Well, as I have been reporting. The promotion ended kind of abruptly on the
17th in the afternoon (eastern time)... From there i myself cannot help you
more. I guess Twitter is your next step of Action.

Suggested posts