Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone, PC

Operating System

iOS, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When going to https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/googlehome/redeem/ to redeem my google home mini, after being a premium subscriber for years, I am greeted with "We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment." 

I notice this seems to be an ongoing issue for US customers and also can't help but notice I never received an email advertising this promotion.  This seems like a huge attempt to grab new customers while shafting your existing ones pretending like it's an error or bug when it is simply just not part of your plan to accomodate existing customers.  Please provide a solution and not just links to the same redeem pages over and over which seemed to be all that was done for US customers.  

385 Replies

I ordered it on April 16th. It said to wait for an email on how to register your Google home Mini. It also came up with a notification that there was a delay in emails being sent out but to wait and I would get one. I never got the email and I'm now being told that I can schedule a Google home Mini on chat support. Very frustrating!

Yes this process is very frustrating. I didn't even get that far

I've now had chat support escalate my request. I will post if I get any
response. Not a good first experience with spotify and customer service
and their promotions.

Chat support for Spotify is exclusively by Twitter. I know the furstration.
I became member exclusively for this.

Now, if they confirmed that you were aboard you shouldn't worry...

I hope...

Just an update for everyone....

My order was confirmed with an order #

and I have a delivery date of june 4 or june 5th.

my fingers are crossed and I will believe it when it is in my hands.

I hope you all get some resolution.

Nancy20

Hi Billy!

When I click the link you provided it states: 

"It looks like you've not registered your interest for this offer yet.

Register now."

When I click the linked Register now it simply takes me to the home page and no further instructions.

Thanks so much!

Guys I strongly suggest twitting @spotifycares on Twitter. At this point,
the community cannot access servers and fix things. I assume they do.

2 more weeks to wait for mine ( ETA May 8th-9th)

Wonder if they could ship it earlier?

When did you order it  Probably you might have had the option for faster shipping thus far when you ordered, but I wouldn't take the chance to try & change the delivery date now....this doesn't seem to have been the smoothest process thus far...

Mine is should arrive between May 6th and 7th, I would really like to get it before that ETA

**bleep** naw!! Not changing a thing.

I just signed up for Spotify Premium -- following a link that offered a free Google Home Mini.  I've yet to recieve any email asking me to confirm that the offer even existed.  We have started a relationship and the fastest thing to kill a relationship is the lack of communication - good or bad... talk to us

Unless there are Spotify employees here, your best bet is Twitter to
@spotifycares.

Twitter is the one, the only one way (lord of the rings get out) of
communicating to the right people.

Hello! I am trying to claim the Google mini offer however when I click the link provided it says 404 page not found. Is there a way to confirm that I can redeem the offer? I have a regular premium account. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

i got the email, but was told code was redeemed already, showed proof that the code has been redeemed, showed proof from my google account that i have not redeemed the code, but im guessing that because the code has been redeemed, that i must of done it. maybe spotify reused the codes?

Or, they've simply removed the content of the site, but not the link...

SAME! Absolutly disgusting behaviour and is grounds for false advertisement. Im steamed! definatly canceling and never subscribing again, not even for the free service

Though I have no issues hearing yofur horro stories about the promotion, the TL;DR here to make sure you've also Tweeted @spotifycares, as they are your SPOC for technicall issues and Legal. 

I suggest this recommendation to be stickied somewhere. Would that be possible?

I've been a Premium subscriber for about 5 years now, and I tried to redeem the free Google Home Mini promo while in the USA. I assume where my address is usually in Canada is why the promo code failed to set the price to $0.00. 5 calls, 2 chats with Google store, and an email exchange with Spotify and "we cannot give you a Google Home Mini, you code was "redeemed"". The code failed to apply due to a miss-match in regions, however it was flagged as redeemed**bleep** excuse for lazy coding. Could have checked user's region vs region where they are ordering. Luckily Google cancelled the original order. Not impressed and I'm going to switch to another service.

From my experience, this happened and they will not redeem, or offer a new code. You likely will not get a thing.

Suggested posts