Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Canada] Troubles Redeeming Google Home Mini

Solved!

[Canada] Troubles Redeeming Google Home Mini

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone, PC

Operating System

iOS, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When going to https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/googlehome/redeem/ to redeem my google home mini, after being a premium subscriber for years, I am greeted with "We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment." 

I notice this seems to be an ongoing issue for US customers and also can't help but notice I never received an email advertising this promotion.  This seems like a huge attempt to grab new customers while shafting your existing ones pretending like it's an error or bug when it is simply just not part of your plan to accomodate existing customers.  Please provide a solution and not just links to the same redeem pages over and over which seemed to be all that was done for US customers.  

385 Replies

I've been paying for Premium for 5 years-ish. I tried to redeem the offer, got charged in full for the Home Mini, thankfully they cancelled. However that failed code was somehow redeemed on their end and they will not send me one, nor provide a new code. Google says that none of my 5 emails redeemed that code....yet it was redeemed. So I'm guessing it's a bug with Spotify, either intentional or due to slack development.

I'll be cancelling and switching to something else.

Just got this reply from Twitter "Hey Kate, thanks for reaching out! This promotion's now ended. Keep an eye on the Google Store and spotify for more great deals and promotional offers. We're here if you need us /ZX"

Funny, the email states it expires in May, and also they never said this in the many emails back n forth.

Originally the promotion was supposed to end on May 9th. If you read in the
previous pages you'll know what they did on April17 th in the afternoon.
For some reason i think that mist you who didn't got the product subscribed
on that date. Am I mistaken?

Kinda short sighted don't you think ?You've been with Spotify for 5 years, so I guess you like it? Yeah I'd be pi**ed if I didn't get a FREE Promo too, but I never got Spotify Premium a similar number of years ago, in the hopes of getting something for free. . 

Can't say. I'm not a Spotify employee. I just happen to work in IT business
at a Helpdesk, and i'm just providing suggestions. It all comes to be
similar at a certain point.

I got the email while in the states, April 4-14, so it was originally done before the 17th. I was logged in using my main Gmail account when in the store, and yet I was charged and code was set to "redeemed" on theri end. Just a crappy system I guess.

Are you saying my decision to cancel subscriptionis short-sighted? I disagree. Why continue to pay them monthly after a failed promo that they "cannot fix"? Also I did not sign up in hopes of free stuff, but rather to remove ads etc. First "free" promo I've seen since I joined.

I tried the link provided but Google is not recognizing the special promo.

Is there any specific code ?

I have received an email from Spotify to redeem my Google Home mini, and the link just doesn't work. Now I see those replies, and still does not work.

Is there a real promo here ?

There was. Until May 9th (scratch) april 17th (scratch) 14th.

But I got the spotify email today, title:

"Don't forget about your Google Home Mini"

Your Premium includes a Google Home Mini
Claim yours before it's too late!"

I agree that Spotify handle really poorly this promo, but if you're, or were, satisfied with premium services, why cancel it?

Again, they really should've a better plan to manage the huge amount of clients getting the speaker at the same time, also, they should have a mutual plan with Google to deal with that, because right now Google is struggling to deliver all those speakers on time.

If you received that e-mail, follow the link, which will direct you to Google Store website and order your speaker, the code should be applied automatically following the link.

That's the thing its been giving error 404 for them since a few days

Can get the same thing elsewhere. I stuck with em because I had no reason to switch. This wreaks of a bait-to-subscribe promo and not a care to resolve an long time customer's issue. Kind of a weak effort for a Billion dollar company. Just my take on it.

You're absolutely right, their customer service are basically nonexistent, which is a huge problem in my humble opinion, a company can't survive, with good competitors in the market, without a complete customer care service.

In the US there are Pandora, which I think it's a way better, but it's not available outside the USA, so, no good competitors let them poorly treat their clients.

The survival of a company doesn't go through entirely its customer service.

I worked for three years in Montreal for what would've become a direct
competitor to Spotify. Our problem was the price and the availability wich
was restricted to Canada, and also had a huge Francophone catalog.

Their prices started at $9.99 for what Spotify offered for free. Soo

I guess customer service isn't that important, but it helps.

It's your call, I didn't really care about the promo. I pay for Spotify Premium because I use it. If I get a bonus  great. I wouldn't cancel it because I didn't get a FREE Promo  if I was going to cancel, it would be because I didn't like it or use it anymore. 

You aren't giving a real competition example, Pandora, which is a way older than Spotify is a good one, and the discovery mode is a way better than Spotifys.

Oh, my bad, didn't know I had to list em.

YouTube Music (tried it and seems awesome so far)
Tidal (Option for lossless streaming quality)
Deezer (used before and seems good)
Google Music

Suggested posts