Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone, PC

Operating System

iOS, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When going to https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/googlehome/redeem/ to redeem my google home mini, after being a premium subscriber for years, I am greeted with "We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment." 

I notice this seems to be an ongoing issue for US customers and also can't help but notice I never received an email advertising this promotion.  This seems like a huge attempt to grab new customers while shafting your existing ones pretending like it's an error or bug when it is simply just not part of your plan to accomodate existing customers.  Please provide a solution and not just links to the same redeem pages over and over which seemed to be all that was done for US customers.  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Solution!

Peter

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

I just wanted to confirm what a few other users have already said in this thread: the offer in Canada ended early on 17 April.

Apologies for any confusion!

Take care 🙂

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

Solution!

Guido
Spotify Legend

Hey all,

So we've currently launched the Google Home Mini offer for US citizens. Both Premium Individual and Premium Family users can apply. Users that have the Student Discount are not eligible.

You can find detailed info about the offer here.

If you live outside of the US we recommend keeping an eye out for any future offers we might have. In the meantime we will be closing this topic as not to confuse users with info from previous offers.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

385 Replies

Pooerp
Casual Listener

I found this little gem in the fine print. I couldn't find a way to just pay for the premium and skip the trial.. We have a family plan too which is not eligible for the speaker. <_<

2019-04-11_9-20-49.png

Pooerp
Casual Listener

Trial ends May 11th at which time I will be eligible and the Promo ends May 9th.

So if you're signing up just for the speaker don't bother I guess is the message.

Also getting the below message on the support page. Based on the above dates the cake is a lie.

2019-04-11_9-28-50.png

laurettaclare

Having the same issue as most people on here. I’ve been a premium subscriber for a number of years. It’s not providing me with a code to redeem the Google home mini. Keeps saying that I have to check back later. 

Is Spotify going to honour these redemptions or is this a first come first served thing? Seems a little scammy to be promising people devices when you can’t redeem them. 

petergoebbels-c
Gig Goer

Hi  

Isn't the Google Home Mini supposed to be Free if you have a Premium account? 

I received a notification saying that it was reserved for me & that I could claim it, but then it asked for payment information  

BrittanyBurch
Music Fan

You need to have a google approved way of payment even though it’s free... I know it’s silly. Just anothe way to grab you I guess.. 

petergoebbels-c
Gig Goer

Thanks for the reply. Trying to contact Spotify support seems to be a maze created by a drunk  There's nothing that says that Google isn't going to charge my Google account ?

BrittanyBurch
Music Fan

It says it here 

F2A6D932-CFB0-467D-A1E6-796EA78B6EAA.png
43632896-DB58-4693-9870-BE25A0CE3D26.png

petergoebbels-c
Gig Goer

Thanks again  I got the Confirmation email Google saying that the cost is $00.00 and it's expected to be delivered towards the end of May  👍

JAYJAYJAYJAY12
Regular

what did you do to fix this? I'm still struggling here. How do I get a hold of anyone???

spotify1.JPGspotify.JPGI am a long time premium member and yet ineligible. I don't understand!!!

Euroboy1
Regular

Hay do you guys have an ETA on this?

JessFF
Casual Listener

Just signed up for Premium but in the free 30 days.

Country

Canada

My Question or Issue

I signed up for the google mini and it said I am eligible but it was going to be a few days for me to claim because of popularity but I could enter my code in at the time. I saw the code on the previous page and of course I didn't write it down because I thought it was going to just take me to a different screen. How do I get my google mini code?

I haven't received an email with the code either...

Help please thank you.

Billy-J
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @JessFF, and welcome to the community.

Hope you’re doing great!

Could you try redeeming your Google Home Mini here? It’d be best to use a different browser or incognito mode to do this. These steps would be helpful:

1. Log in to Spotify.com using a new browser
  2. Once you’re logged in, use the link I provided above to redeem your Google Home Mini.

Let me know how this goes 🙂

Billy-JRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

SirSoftKitty

I have been having the same issue and none of the links and pages work for me. I get to the registration page and I click the register now button and I get sent to the main Spotify home page with no offer in sight. I would like to be a part of this promotion seeing as I've been a premium member for years now. It should not be this hard. Not impressed to be honest. I hope you can help out. It would be greatly appreciated.

4Bidden
Gig Goer

When did you tried to apply for the promotion?

The GHM promo ended earlier than expected, April 17th, so those who didn't applied before that day are highly unlikely to receive the link/code to redeem the speaker, I would even be concerned for those who have received the link and haven't placed the order yet.

And here we're all Spotify clients, so if the actual Spotify customer service can't solve this for you, you probably won't find the answer you're expecting here.

PS.: Post edited to modify the date from May 17th to April 17th, thx for the warn Flynch3211.

Gabbie1977
Regular

From reading other comments it seems to apply to both, those who didn't click on the link prior to April 17th and those like me who had a Family plan, swtiched to Personal plan only to discover that the links and promotion ended prematurely due to stock ran out fast.

I'm sure they will have similar promotions in the future, just last night in Canada the Google home Mini at Costco was $49.99 which isn't all that expensive considering.

Also Spotify released their quarter results this week and looks like this promotion of a google home mini increased their paid users too.  I can only be hopeful more promotions will come, until then i will remain a personal plan of $9.99 and not go back to family plan.

Flynch3211
Roadie
Well said. But you meant April 17th.

4Bidden
Gig Goer

Do your order show anything like this?

"Delayed

Your delivery was delayed. We're working to get it to you soon and will email you when it's on its way."

I just saw this on Google Store right now.

Flynch3211
Roadie
Mine is expected next week...

lzancope
Casual Listener

I tried the link provided but Google is not recognizing the special promo.

Is there any specific code ?

I have received an email from Spotify to redeem my Google Home mini, and the link just doesn't work. Now I see those replies, and still does not work.

Is there a real promo here ?

Flynch3211
Roadie
There was. Until May 9th (scratch) april 17th (scratch) 14th.

lzancope
Casual Listener

But I got the spotify email today, title:

"Don't forget about your Google Home Mini"

Your Premium includes a Google Home Mini
Claim yours before it's too late!"

SUGGESTED POSTS