Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Canada] Troubles Redeeming Google Home Mini

Solved!

[Canada] Troubles Redeeming Google Home Mini

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone, PC

Operating System

iOS, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When going to https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/googlehome/redeem/ to redeem my google home mini, after being a premium subscriber for years, I am greeted with "We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment." 

I notice this seems to be an ongoing issue for US customers and also can't help but notice I never received an email advertising this promotion.  This seems like a huge attempt to grab new customers while shafting your existing ones pretending like it's an error or bug when it is simply just not part of your plan to accomodate existing customers.  Please provide a solution and not just links to the same redeem pages over and over which seemed to be all that was done for US customers.  

385 Replies

The promotion is now over unfortunately. Spotify obviously did not updated
their application / website.

We, here at the Community of Spotify Users cannot do a single
thing about that.

Git mine today charcoal and it rocks

I experienced the exact same issue, and Support is just advising me that they are "only able to provide one code" and "you can only use the code once" even though I have demonstrated that I haven't placed an order. Feeling very let down. 

Well I ordered mine April 11th at around 9 in the morning (the first day it was available I believe) & mine still hasn't shipped let alone arrived... 

Screenshot_20190508_194241.jpg

Well next monday it should be there. Check your emails on sunday that is how i knew

Same here, says should be delivered by 16-17 May but it hasn't shipped yet.

I still have had problems getting mine, how do I contact them? Why is there no e-mail that I can send an e-mail to? What sort**bleep** company doesn't have a single phone number or e-mail I can contact.  I have to rely on a forumthread?

Well I finally got an email saying that I would receive mine tomorrow.... remember that I ordered mine on April 11th! It's being shipped from Mississauga.... MORE THAN A MONTH after I received the confirmation! At this point I don't really care anymore & whatever "good will" Spotify THOUGHT they were going to get from this free thing - Well that ship has sailed & sunk... Meh

Twitter or chat through a link somewhere

Hi, I got charged for mine, I noticed a charge for 88 dlls on my CC, I followed all the steps and ordered the first week of april, and still got charged for it ..... 

Thats weird, iirc, it said that it would freeze the amount on your CC until its shipped, i dont remember see it on my CC. But i guess you could contact Google and tell them, or to save the hasle, contact your bank and dispute it

@Punnyabrata wrote:

I was faced with this great dilemma as well. Finally after watching a few videos on YouTube decided to go for the Charcoal one.

Arrived in the mail today.

20190515_182123_HDR.jpg
20190515_182117_HDR.jpg

Did say the same thing for mee too yet i was not charged. The bill is clear
enough.

Exactly the same in Australia. Codes don't work, and customer service don't care.

I placed my second order (after my first order was cancelled) on May 3rd 2019, my Google Home Mini (Coral) was delivered today 17th May 2019. Thank you, Spotify.

Coral? I thought you could only get chalk and charcoal?

Did you chevk your credit card?

I was given the coral option too in Australia

Proof 

Screenshot_20190517-150338_Gmail.jpg

Coral sounds right for Aussie Land lol - Mine was SUPPOSED to be delivered on the 15th.. But Canada Post let me down - Instead I got a card saying that I wasn't home... Not true - Postal worker was too lazy to ring the doorbell - So I've got to go to the Post office to pick up.. 

Ahh ok I see.

Suggested posts