Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone, PC

Operating System

iOS, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When going to https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/googlehome/redeem/ to redeem my google home mini, after being a premium subscriber for years, I am greeted with "We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment." 

I notice this seems to be an ongoing issue for US customers and also can't help but notice I never received an email advertising this promotion.  This seems like a huge attempt to grab new customers while shafting your existing ones pretending like it's an error or bug when it is simply just not part of your plan to accomodate existing customers.  Please provide a solution and not just links to the same redeem pages over and over which seemed to be all that was done for US customers.  

385 Replies

I'm just waiting on the email to arrive, many others have said they recieved it  within 1-2 hours, some others have said up to 48 hours. Trying to remain patient here

Spotify have just emailed me guys saying they won't honour the promotion on
my family premium in the UK. There was an issue with my first order with
Google

I've threatened to cancel my subscription and they've just sent me the
**bleep** link to do so! Such a terrible business model.

Good luck getting your free device out of them. I've been a subscriber for
over 2 years and they've treated me like sh*t.

Based on the replies on the forum, if you have an email ID linked to your Facebook account. You should be good and receive the redemption email. I received mine after 48 hours approximately.

I am going through the same thing, I guess we just have to wait...the only reason I went with premium was because of this deal.

Hi,

I am from Canada and when I went to redeem my code it said the code had already been used. I contacted Google and they cancelled that order and sent me an email with case ID of the cancellation and told me to contact Spotify. 

However, I went to do so and now can’t find an email address to contact Spotify at. 

Thank you.

Ive tried to get my google min offer but my order was cancelled then ive tried to do it again ny putting the code manually and I got code already redeemed so im not too sure what to do. I am a premium member for years now seems very difficult to get this and I woyld like to have it. What are the solution?

20190413_121345.jpg

Or if your Facebook I'd is a phone number ( or whatever) just got to the
Spotify redeem google home Mini Canada site. And it will work for you when
yours is ready

I had the same problem as well, you just above to remove the item from the basket, exit Google store and then click on the email to get a free google home and add to basket. Hopefully, this time it would show up as a discount. And also google doesn't bill your credit card it's just that the system needs everyone who is buying stuff from the store to add a credit card.

do they give you a code to use in the google store?

No code given

I bought Spotify Premium yesterday and I haven’t received the code yet. Peope say it takes a few hours for it to appear so just wondering what’s like going on right now and if anyone knows how long it takes approximately for the email to come through.

Thank you in advance

I am still waiting for an email as well. I would think that once they get restocked that we will get emails.

Seriously, i've been thinking that the delay may be 48 hrs. I subscribed to the servuce yester day I also have manifested my interested, and get the "you are not able to redeem at this time".. I subscribed at around 10:30-11PM Eastern last night.  

It has now been more than 48 hours and still no e-mail.

What puzzles me is thatvSpotify seems to be safusfied with thier basic
answers. This taking collective lawsuit perspective. Think of all the
people they will lose if it got out of hand... Are they aware that there
are laws to protect the customer in Canada?

Just a few more hours to complete 48hrs to me as well.

Hopefully we all recieve a code within the next 24 hours 😕

Right. Good luck with that one😆

been 4 days now with me to and still no email , how do we know its a stock issue , seems like a pretty generic awnser .

We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment.

I had a private chat with support on twitter last night. They've told me
that I was registered and i would be sent a email. At least ee know they
have info on their end onnwho's redeemed and who's not

Suggested posts