Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone, PC

Operating System

iOS, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When going to https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/googlehome/redeem/ to redeem my google home mini, after being a premium subscriber for years, I am greeted with "We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment." 

I notice this seems to be an ongoing issue for US customers and also can't help but notice I never received an email advertising this promotion.  This seems like a huge attempt to grab new customers while shafting your existing ones pretending like it's an error or bug when it is simply just not part of your plan to accomodate existing customers.  Please provide a solution and not just links to the same redeem pages over and over which seemed to be all that was done for US customers.  

385 Replies

Hey, i am trying to get the google home mini with the premium offer as well, i bought spotify premium student discount earlier last month, i cancelled my subscription to try & pay 9.99$/month in order to get the google home mini today, however when I click on the link, it says the offer is unavailable to me & suggests other plans. The offer is until may 9, how can I get the google home mini?

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

My Question or Issue

I did not receive the email with the redeem code for the offer as my email address was briefly inactive but it’s active again is there a way to get the code sent to me again?

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

(iPhone SE)

Operating System

(iOS 12.2)

I have been a Spotify Premium member for just over 3 months now, when I tried to redeem the google home mini promo it told me "It looks like you're not eligible for this promo." I live in Canada and I have spotify premium. Why can't I redeem the promo?

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

(Oneplus 6T)

Operating System

(Android Oreo)

My Question or Issue

Hi All, 

I got the spotify premium subscription yesterday and got the link for the free google home mini but after placing my order I immediately got an email back from google saying it was cancelled. I've contacted both google and spotify but I haven't gotten a reply back yet. I tried following the link again to place the order again, but the discount doesn't apply anymore. Has anyone else had any experience solving this issue? Will spotify send me back a new code?

Had same thing - I went to spotify.com on computer, logged in, went to premium page and the offer was at the top of page.  Below that there is a purple bar which said "already have premium for 9.99? get your google home mini"  That brings you to a page saying you have already registered your interest. - click "check availability" - then verify you are not a robot and it takes you to the google store.

IMPORTANT - at web browser address at top of page - copy the last digits behind "promocode="  The remaining digits (may start with B-  ) you will need to paste into the checkout under promocode - The system is supposed to apply the code automatically but doesn't - so you need to enter manually.  If it still doesn't work and deduct the price there are bigger issues - don't just click select order or it will charge your credit card full price and you will have to cancel the order (Google store cannot fix it once order is placed)  Also if it did not work you cannot try again because the promo code is for your account use only and will say code already used if you try again.  I am in the process of trying to get a new code from Spotify to try entering manually as I did not know what would happen if I submitted the order (was supposed to be automatic discount)

Are you on a student, family, or prepaid plan - they don't qualify for the offer

Plan

premium

Country

canada / Québec 

device 

iphone 10

My Question or Issue

i have buy spotify premium 9,99$ 

no email promo receive on me mail for Google home mini promotion 

when i try he say me 

Thank you so much!
You've already successfully registered your interest in this offer.

Check availability

after i click

We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment

what probleim ? thank 

Hi Stephen,

Just wanted to let you know not to waste a lot of time on trying to get Google to help you out with this.  I just spent almost 2 hrs on a chat with a CS google rep trying to figure out why the promo code didn't get applied for the free google home mini and in the end they just referred me back to spotify's contact page.  After all that it turned out my promo code was invalid LOL!

I can't find any info where you can get in direct contact with a spotify rep so I also just posted on the community board hoping someone will get back.  I think it's a big mess for both Spotify and Google and it seems like the let hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.  Hope someone from Spotify gets back to you!

Yeah for me the first time it took me through to the Google ordering page it didn't automatically put the promo code in so I got charged for the mini.  Second time when I figured out what the promo code was from the URL page address it said it was invalid.  

Lots of time being wasted here Spotify on this.  If you can't provide the goods or the support service when customers are asking why it's not working you shouldn't do it and waste everyone's time.  

Me too. It's my first time I joined Spotify. I am really disappointed with all this.

Just got a reply from spotify that was very vague and didn't address my issue at all. Please see below:

" Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch!

If you're trying to redeem the Google Home Mini offer you much have a full-price, individual, and recurring Premium subscription. 

If you're on a Premium trial, you can claim your Google Home Mini when your trial is complete and you've started your full-price subscription.

We're also aware people are experiencing a delay recieving an email with next steps for redeeming the offer. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Thanks "

I logged in and was told that I was not eligible for the offer, but I could upgrade to Spotify Family.  When I contacted Support, I found out it was because I have gift cards applied to my account.  What a crock!!  GCs are the same as cash. Spotify has the money.  My account has a credit card on file, which will be charged when the GCs run out.

It is  sad that I have to wait until May 3 and hope that I can get in on the deal before supplies are gone and the offer ends on May 9.

What a way to alienate your customers.  Apple Music may not be such a bad idea.

xcalibur2572

I am experiencing the same thing. Also have been a premium subscriber for many years. It said earlier:

"Thank you so much! You've already successfully registered your interest in this offer." 
then when you click check availability it states "We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment."
So I'm unsure if this places one in a queue for the mini or if this is a common issue across the board for all premium subs?
Will I be recieving an email or message with the code to redeem when the issue is resolved? 

Following up on my initial post, several hours later...I still have the same error and there's been no email from Spotify. 

I double-checked my subscription, it's the standard Spotify monthly 9.99 😞 feeling a bit bummed.

I received the email offering me a free Google Home Mini for having Premium for Family. Awesome I thought. Clicked on the link to claim. Received the email to say my free Google Home Mini was ready to claim.

I clicked through and logged in and found myself at the Gopogle Home Mini order page. I added it to my basket and it said that promo code would be added at checkout. 

Went to checkout and the code didn't appear and cost was full price (£49.99). It would seem that a lot of people have been having this issue judging by posts omn this forum.

So I contacted support via the contact page and then started a back and forth with Spotify Customer Service via email.

They were very prompt at answering my replies and I was impressed. They asked me to try several things but still no code applied at checkout so no Google Home Mini.

Support then advised me that teh promo code could be found at the end of the URL that was in my email claim link and suggested I manually enter that into the promo field.

I tried this and a message came up saying code already redeemed??!!!

Now this is not possible as I have not succesfully claimed for a free Google Home Mini. If I had, I wouldn't be asking for help on email with Spotify!

As soon as I replied to explain, Spotify's response was:

'it looks like the code you’re trying to redeem has already been used. With that in mind, you won’t be able to receive a Google Home Mini device for this promotion, and we won’t be able to provide you with a replacement code.

If there’s anything else we can help you with, let us know.'

I since replied several times and Spotify are now ignoring me.

I'm DISGUSTED with the way this promotion has been handled. It looks like it's a complete farce. I have been a Premium Family member for many years and this is how they treat a loyal customer?

Yep, same here.  I sent a message to Spotify support with my cancelled google store order and my promo code that Google Store helped me find in the browser address (which was supposed to be automatically applied but wasn't).  Same thing system thinks I have already used the code.  I explained all in the message explaining they need to supply a new code to enter manually.  I got back a reply which generically mentioned about needing recurring Premium subscription, not on trial, and something about a delay receiving emails with next steps for redeeming offer... none of which applies here as far as I can tell.

I just purchased it as well, but i never got the email nor a link to claim the google mini, anyone have a solution? 

googlemini.png

Yea me to such bs 

So while logged into my account I get this:

Thank you so much!
Check availability.

When I click the link (while logged in to my account) I get :

We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment.

So while logged into my account I get this:

Thank you so much!
Check availability.

When I click the link (while logged in to my account) I get :

We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment.

Suggested posts