Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Canadian Student Discount

Canadian Student Discount

My Spotify premium trial ended today and I was looking to upgrade my account. I registered for the student deal and after confirming my credit card information, I realized the student deal is only for college and university students. I am a high school student so the deal does not regard me. I tried to cancel the deal but there was no cancellation choice, so I left the page. I logged into my bank account right after and Spotify still took my money. The problem is my account still says I have a free subscription and I have not received any receipts for any purchases. I still want Spotify premium but I just want to get my money back from the mistake I made. What should I do?

1 Reply

Hey @bridgiebrown,

If Spotify is unable to verify your student I.D, you won’t be eligible to claim the student discount. In this instance, any charges will show on your statement as ‘pending’. This means your bank has put a temporary authorization on the funds, but no money has actually been taken.

Once the bank confirms your student I.D failed to verify successfully, the money will reappear on your statement. This can take up to 48 hours, depending on your bank. You can reach out to them for more information about any pending payments.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts