Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cancel Company Subscription to switch to Family Plan

Cancel Company Subscription to switch to Family Plan

My Question or Issue

I currently have a premium plan through my mobile provider, and would like to switch to a Family Plan. To do this, I know I have to cancel my plan through my mobile provider. My question is, will I lose all my playlists and songs when I cancel my premium subscription? Or will I get everything back once I sign up for the Premium Family Plan?

3 Replies

Hey @Shalpe, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Nothing to worry! You'll not lose anything, you're just going to change plans 🙂

Spotify is not able to help you cancel your subscription if you’re subscribed through another company (e.g. your broadband/mobile provider, or with iTunes), since they manage your subscription and payments. Please contact that company.

If you subscribed with iTunes, please see Apple's instructions for canceling.

If you’re unsure about who manages your subscription, follow these steps:

1. Log in to your account page.
  2. Click Subscription in the menu on the left. There you can see who manages your subscription.
  3. Contact that company to change any billing details or cancel.

You can learn more here on how to cancel your subscription.

Hope it helps 🙂

Thank you @lori1607 for your quick response. I canceled my subscription through my mobile provider, but my spotify account still says I am getting my premium through them so it won't let me sign up for spotify family. Do I have to wait for my month to run out with this premium plan first?

Hey @Shalpe.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Yep, before you can resubscribe, you need to wait until your account reverts back to Free.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts