Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cancel and Re-Register Question

Solved!

Cancel and Re-Register Question

Plan

Family Premium

My Question or Issue

I'm having issues signing into my Spotify account on the built in Spotify app in my car (Volvo). I think the problem is because I normally login to Spotify using my Facebook details, and the car doesn't seem to accept this.

If I cancel my family subscription and then re-register with new login details (not via Facebook), can I invite my family members to rejoin with their original username and passwords or will everyone have to re-register?

Also, I'm assuming I'll lose my Playlists. Is there a way to save them or retreive them under the new account?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Dony_ire, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great!

Yes, they can have all of their accounts, but they'll just need to join your new Family plan. In regards to getting your playlists, you can move them over following these steps: 

Visit your old account by putting the following string in the search bar: spotify:user:username

If you use a Window's desktop, it'd be best to install Spotify there and simply drag and drop all the playlists in your desktop which later on can be redragged to Spotify on your new acocunt. That way they'll be added to a playlist too which can be copied to your desktop like the other ones.

I hope this helps 🙂 If you need help with anything else, just let me know!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @Dony_ire, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great!

Yes, they can have all of their accounts, but they'll just need to join your new Family plan. In regards to getting your playlists, you can move them over following these steps: 

Visit your old account by putting the following string in the search bar: spotify:user:username

If you use a Window's desktop, it'd be best to install Spotify there and simply drag and drop all the playlists in your desktop which later on can be redragged to Spotify on your new acocunt. That way they'll be added to a playlist too which can be copied to your desktop like the other ones.

I hope this helps 🙂 If you need help with anything else, just let me know!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts