Country

USA

Device

ZTE Axon 7

Operating System

Android 

My Question or Issue

Hi,

My son currently has a Spotify Premium account and I had another account.  We're canceling my account (other service) and beginning a Premium Family plan with Spotify.  My question is - will my son lose all of his playlists?  How does he go about transferring to my account?  I've invited him via email.  Do I need to cancel his account or will that automatically transfer?

Thanks,

Cddorr

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Cddorr,

When you want your son to join your Family Plan, I'd recommend cancelling his subscription first. Just to make sure everything works fine 🙂

After your son's account gets downgraded to Spotify Free, no saved songs etc. will get deleted.

Also, when he joins your Family subscription, you don't need to transfer any data to your account, because he'll have his own account in the Plan and, of course, he can use his current account to join the Plan 🙂

You can find further information on the Family Plan here 🙂

Let me know how it goes and

Have a nice day!

Luke

LukeSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @Cddorr,

When you want your son to join your Family Plan, I'd recommend cancelling his subscription first. Just to make sure everything works fine 🙂

After your son's account gets downgraded to Spotify Free, no saved songs etc. will get deleted.

Also, when he joins your Family subscription, you don't need to transfer any data to your account, because he'll have his own account in the Plan and, of course, he can use his current account to join the Plan 🙂

You can find further information on the Family Plan here 🙂

Let me know how it goes and

Have a nice day!

Luke

LukeSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts