Now free but used to be premium

Country

Ireland

Device

Laptop+Samsung J3

Operating System

Windows 10+ Android

My Question or Issue

My Spotify premium was due on 22/08/2019 but I didn't have the money to afford it so I cancelled it on that day. But a few days later I check my bank and it said that Spotify took 10 euros from my bank. if I cancelled premium and i says free on my profile why did I pay for premium and how can I get a refund..

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Big_T,

Can you double-check that you went through all the steps in this support article? It's possible to create multiple Spotify accounts, each with their own login details, saved music, and subscription. 

If that doesn't do the trick, can you check if your subscription shows as 'Free' or 'Premium' in the app, and send over a screenshot of what you see there? You can check this by going to Home > Settings (Top right corner) > Account  > Subscription. Please make sure to blur out your username in the screenshot as we don't want to share that on the Community.

There's also some information about requesting a refund under the "Don’t want Premium afterall?" section of "Refunds" support article.

Let me know how it goes — I'll be here in case you need any further help 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @Big_T,

Thanks for reaching out. Welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear that you’re being charged unexpectedly. I'd recommend taking a look at the steps under the "Canceled but still charged?" section of this support article for some more help with this.

Let me know if you have any questions. Have a great day 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

There isnt much to go on like, how did it still charge even though i cancelled it and why there are no refund options.

Marked as solution

Hey @Big_T,

Can you double-check that you went through all the steps in this support article? It's possible to create multiple Spotify accounts, each with their own login details, saved music, and subscription. 

If that doesn't do the trick, can you check if your subscription shows as 'Free' or 'Premium' in the app, and send over a screenshot of what you see there? You can check this by going to Home > Settings (Top right corner) > Account  > Subscription. Please make sure to blur out your username in the screenshot as we don't want to share that on the Community.

There's also some information about requesting a refund under the "Don’t want Premium afterall?" section of "Refunds" support article.

Let me know how it goes — I'll be here in case you need any further help 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

thanks a lot, it's because of you and the Spotify team, that I got my money back.

Hey @Big_T,

You're welcome! If you need a hand with anything else, just give me a shout 🙂

spotify:playlist:63XpyubibSokvW1UvGgkBM:small

NoahSpotify Star

Suggested posts