Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cancelling 3 month Premium early

Solved!

Cancelling 3 month Premium early

I'm just curious, If I cancel a 3 month trial for 99c early, like one month early, will it end on the day I cancelled it or will it end when the 3 months is over. Because whenever I press cancel subscrpition is says it will switch to free mode.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Chriss3112, welcome to the community. 

Hope you’re doing great!

When you cancel your subscription before your subscription end date, you still have acesss to Premium until your subscription end date. In your case, if you cancel today - you still have acess to your Premium content, and your account will revert to free after those 3 months are over. 

You can learn more about canceling your subscription here

Happy listening 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Chriss3112, welcome to the community. 

Hope you’re doing great!

When you cancel your subscription before your subscription end date, you still have acesss to Premium until your subscription end date. In your case, if you cancel today - you still have acess to your Premium content, and your account will revert to free after those 3 months are over. 

You can learn more about canceling your subscription here

Happy listening 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Thanks Billy! I was just scared when it said thinking of leaving and what it said that it would switch me to free mode straight away. Thank you though for reassuring me.

@Chriss3112

No worries, I’m happy to help! 

Let me know if you have anymore questions for me 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

This seems to have changed. I jus started a free 3 month trial. When I go to the page to go back to the Free plan (so I'd cancel my Premium subscription), it says I'll go back to Free plan on todays date!

Interesting. My post was on the day I created the account. Today, when I cancel my Premium subscription it will stop after the 3 month period.

Hey there @comecme,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. We'll gladly give you more information about the subscription.

After you have activated the offer, you can follow these steps to cancel the subscription. You still get to use your Premium time and when the three months are over, the account will automatically go to the free service.

On your account overview page you can see the billing date and the status of your subscription.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Stay safe! 

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I didn't realize it was a 3-month commitment. That's on me obviously. I thought I was just paying for one month. So when I canceled after my 1st charged month, I'm going to be charged 2 more months before my cancelation kicks in and I go to free? Is there any way to not pay for the next 2 months? I really only needed it for one month. Thank you!

Hey @GESSPO,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Once you cancel your subscription, you won't be charged anymore. Your Premium stays until your next billing date, then your account switches to free. For more information about cancelling premium plan - visit this support article. 

We'd suggest to go to your account page and check under "Your Plan". If you see the date when your account will switch to Spotify free, it means that you cancelled successfully. Here you can find a good explanation of what's on your account page 🙂 

Hope this clear things up,

Cheers! 

LyubkaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts