Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cancelling Subscription

Solved!

Cancelling Subscription

I too am trying to cancel my subscription and it keeps saying my password is incorrect. It isn't! It's the very same password I've just signed in with. It won't even send me a password reminder as it says I'm using my FB credentials, which is correct. Is this some sort of con to prevent people from unsubscribing?

37 Replies

Honestly the best thing I can see to do is to purposely let it charge, and then file a credit card claim which will automatically apply a 20 USD charge that is non negotiable to Spotify and get me my money back. I get my money back and it will cost them 20 USD. Complete and absolute bull**bleep** that for one they require a password at all to cancel a service once I'm already on my account, and two that their best hope of support is go and fiddle with Facebook account settings and hope that it works. It shouldn't be a hassle at all, it's purely a con to try and get money out of bad consumers that won't fight it.

subscribed this AM thinking unlimited included mobile streaming.  i want to cancel without my credit card being charged.  how can I do that?  Thanks.

Hey there!

In this page you see clearly that for mobile streaming you need Premium http://www.spotify.com/get-spotify/overview/

After Unlimited is activated and used, there is no way for refund, so you need to use your subscription. But also you can upgrade it to Premium.

If you feel you want to Cancel so no other payments to service, jsut Cancel here http://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/

Cheers.

Meredith, can you please oh dear lord please cancel my premium subscription. I've tried freaking over and over again. I don't want to use spotify anymore! And if I don't cancel soon, it'll charge me again.

Hey TylerTeddy - I can see my colleague is already helping via the contact form. You'll have another message shortly. 

i have just paid for this months subscription if i cancel will i still keep this months subscription then stop after?

Zachpaul - Yes, you'll keep your Premium for this month.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi Meredith,

I want to cancel my free premium subscription, my ref number is #00613379, can you please help me?

Meredith, can you please oh dear lord please cancel my premium subscription. I've tried freaking over and over again. I don't want to use spotify anymore! And if I don't cancel soon, it'll charge me again. My ref. Number is #006613388.

Many thanks..

topolin74 and Elisabetta

I have escalated both of your posts to the community team to look into for you. 

If you still have access to your account, you are free to cancel at any time, just click the cancellation link at the bottom of your cancellation page.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm going to sue Spotify! If you charge me after this trail is over you will be hearing from my lawyer! In your legal document under

" TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE". 

Section "3. ENJOYING SPOTIFY"

Under that in "3.3 TRAILS" 

IT STATES

" At the end of such Trials, we may automatically start to charge you for the Premium Service on the first day following the end of the Trial, on a recurring monthly basis. By providing your payment details in conjunction with the Trial, you agree to this charge. If you do not want this charge, you must change your Subscription to the Free Service through your Spotify account’s settings before the end of the Trial."

EVERYONE NEEDS TO WAKE UP AND SEE THIS IS FRAUD AND WE NEED TO START A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!

ME AND MY COWORKERS TRIED TO FIND WAYS TO CANCEL OUR 7 DAY PREMIUM TRAIL!

SPOTIFY IS TRAPPING YOU BY SAYING YOU CAN CANCEL BUT NOT MAKING THAT OPTION AVAILABLE BEFORE THE TRAIL ENDS !

I TRIED EVERY METHOD! IT SHOULD NOT BE THIS HARD TO CANCEL ANYTHING! MY TRAIL ENDS MARCH 27, 2015!

I HAVE TALKED TO MY LAWYER EARLIER TODAY AND HE SAID AS SOON AS THEY CHARGE MY ACCOUNT I HAVE THE RIGHT TO SUE!

My username is  12181222123

I want my subscription canceled today! And I would like an email confirming the cancelation of my 7 day trail.

If this does not happen you will hear from my lawyer!

MARK MY WORDS " IF SPOTIFY CHARGES MY ACCOUNT AFTER MARCH 27, 2015" IM GOING TO SUE SPOTIFY FOR 1 BILLION DOLLARS!

Hi @Brandenbwiz the account linked to this Community profile is on our 7 day Premium trial. 

If you didn't enter card details into your Spotify account there's no way to continue to charge you. Only users that register for the 30-day trial or for a Premium subscription enter these details. 

As you won't have a continued subscription there is nothing to cancel on your subscription page. Your Premium will simply revert back to Free within 7 days. 

Please, for god sakes PLEASE - how the **bleep** do I cancel my account??

It keeps telling me that my password is incorrect. it's NOT! I've logged out of Facebook, cleared my browser cache, cleared history, tried multiple browsers, tried from my phone, my desktop. I AM FREAKING OUT!

SOMEONE HELP!

I have tried to reset my password and I have also checked to see if my Facebook is connected to my Spotify account and it is not. But everytime I try to cancel my premium and I enter my password, it always says incorrect password.

It's amazing that this issue has been reported in 2012 and here I am trying to cancel my and still encountered the same issue. How to fix this?!

Trying to cancel my subscription but continuously saying it is the wrong password! I have reset my password, tried different browsers and it is STILL not working. Please cancel my darn spotify premium.

What's going on Spotify? I cancelled last month but have just been charged for the

next month. Is this a rip off? I'm very disappointed. Please CANCEL my subscription as I am away travelling and can't use it. I have "redone" the cancellation and if it shows up again I will go to Consumer as it seems lots of us are having this problem. Get your act together please!

Suggested posts