Cancelling Subscription

Solved!
Highlighted

Cancelling Subscription

I too am trying to cancel my subscription and it keeps saying my password is incorrect. It isn't! It's the very same password I've just signed in with. It won't even send me a password reminder as it says I'm using my FB credentials, which is correct. Is this some sort of con to prevent people from unsubscribing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Won't accept password to cancel subscription

I need to temporarily suspend my subscription, as I am between jobs atm, and spotify keeps saying I entered in the wrong password?  I log in with my facebook account, if that makes a difference.

View solution in original post

37 Replies
Highlighted
Solution!

Won't accept password to cancel subscription

I need to temporarily suspend my subscription, as I am between jobs atm, and spotify keeps saying I entered in the wrong password?  I log in with my facebook account, if that makes a difference.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Re: Won't accept password to cancel subscription

logout of facebook. Login on spotify through the website using your fb details. Then go to unsubscribe and it will let you unsubscribe.

Also try using chrome or firefox...

for more detaisl check what the mod said in the following post (scroll a bit down):

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and/Facebook-and-Spotify-account-mix-up/td-p/...

Re: Cancelling Subscription

Spotify Legend
We certainly don't want to give the impression it's a con... Couple of things you could try.

* Reset your password over on Facebook - Head into your Account settings there, and click "Edit" on the Password row, and change your password briefly.

* Pop back to Spotify, and try the cancellation process again.

* If it still says you are using the wrong password, you might want to try a different internet browser - Google Chrome, Safari, so on.

Please give this a go. If you still run into some strange message, just let me know - we'll see what we can do.
Airhorn Enthusiast
Highlighted

Community Legend

@David wrote:
We certainly don't want to give the impression it's a con.

But you are! Every single day this problem remains unfixed (so far it's been over 2 months) you give the impression that you are purposefully trying to make it hard for people to cancel their subscription. All you do is tell people to try another browser or log out of Facebook without ever explaining what the problem is or why this is happening. If you explained the problem better perhaps not so many people would be falling into this trap.

Highlighted

Where I find the  Cancelling Subscription ? can't find it

Highlighted

Spotify
Spotify

Hi Sharkie, 

Just log into your subscription page and under 'Manage Your Subscription' select 'View Your Options'.

From there you can select 'Click here to continue to the cancellation page' and you will see the screen below:

Screen Shot 2012-02-21 at 7.49.59 AM.png

Highlighted

Regular

when u click cancel .... all u get is password is wrong ????? have tried it a number of times .... seems like am not the only one .... so its not a con ??????? 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I want to cancel my account, but I can only log on by facebook (why?) and when I go to the subscription page, the only things I can read are (in french) :

"

Votre abonnement

État de l'abonnement

Votre compte ne peut désormais plus être utilisé à l'étranger, puisque le temps d'utilisation en mode voyage est de 14 jours maximum pour un compte Spotify Free. Pour continuer à utiliser Spotify depuis l'étranger, abonnez-vous à Spotify Premium qui vous donnera accès au mode voyage illimité.

Mode de paiement

Vous n'avez pas de mode de paiement lié à votre compte pour le moment.

Ajouter un mode de paiement

Voir les reçus

Cliquez ci-dessous pour voir vos reçus de paiement

Voir les reçus

"

which approximately means in english :

"Your account can no longer be used abroad, since the time of use in travel mode is 14 days maximum for a Free Spotify account. To continue to use Spotify from abroad, sign up for Spotify Premium which gives you access to unlimited travel mode.
Method of Payment

You do not have a payment related to your account at this time.

Add a payment method
See receipts

Click below to see your payment receipts

See receipts"

but I JUST WANT TO CANCEL MY ACCOUNT !!!!

Highlighted

Spotify
Spotify

Hi EL,

According to our records you have a free account with us. Also, while your account is registered in the UK it says you've been abroad for more than 14 days. 

Users that aren't subscribing can only use Spotify abroad for up to 14 days--does your office use a proxy server from another country?

Ultimately, it sounds as though this account is a duplicate that you've accidentally set up on our system. Were you able to create a unique username when you joined Spotify? 

If so, please log out of your subscription page and log back in using that username (not your email address). You should be directed to your original account and then be able to cancel. 

SUGGESTED POSTS