Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 

Operating System

iOS 12

My Question or Issue

So usually I cancel my spotify premium after purchasing because I dont like recurring billing, I was offered a 3 month premium period for the usual 9.99 price, which is a great deal. Problem is, when I went to cancel, the wording makes it seem like I will instantly lose my premium if I cancel even though I paid for 3 months. So will I retain premium even after I cancel? Ive never ran into this problem before so I dont know if the rules change since I bought the 3 month premium "trial".

Pictured below is what I see when I go to cancel, notice the "6/29/2020" date, thats today, the day I paid for the subscription, it should be 9/29/2020.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @2fast1,

Thanks for your patience as I took a closer look.

Spotify is currently investigating this issue as some users see the wrong date when trying to cancel.

So, you can go ahead and cancel with no worries. The date is incorrectly displayed and you'll have the trial until September. More information on cancelling your subscription here.

Have a nice day!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @2fast1, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Thanks for reporting this.

Generally, when you cancel your Premium subscription it should be valid through the next billing date (in your case through 09/29/20) If you were to cancel Premium now, you should have access to Premium through next month. 

Based on that screenshot, it says the Premium will end today if you cancel. I'll take a look at this to see what could be happening, so don't click Cancel yet - just so I can get an accurate answer. I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience in advance!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Marked as solution

Hey @2fast1,

Thanks for your patience as I took a closer look.

Spotify is currently investigating this issue as some users see the wrong date when trying to cancel.

So, you can go ahead and cancel with no worries. The date is incorrectly displayed and you'll have the trial until September. More information on cancelling your subscription here.

Have a nice day!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Thank you! spotfiy now shows the correct date when going to cancel.

Suggested posts