Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cancelling premium on an unknown account

Solved!

Cancelling premium on an unknown account

I'm being charged for premium on an account that I don't know the username or password for. Is it possible to cancel the payment with only my card information? I shouldn't have to pay $10 a month for a service I don't use.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

How can someone used your credit card? I think you have to call your bank to report the Unauthorized the subscription.

Canceling premium subscription is easy. You just have to go to your account and go to the subscription tab on the side, from there you can pretty much cancel your subscription. But if it was from an unknown account. I think its pretty safe to give your bank a call.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

How can someone used your credit card? I think you have to call your bank to report the Unauthorized the subscription.

Canceling premium subscription is easy. You just have to go to your account and go to the subscription tab on the side, from there you can pretty much cancel your subscription. But if it was from an unknown account. I think its pretty safe to give your bank a call.

Someone stole my credit card number and opened a Spotify Account.  I am being billed monthy for the premium service.  I reported the fraud to the bank and was provided  a new card.  However, the Spotify charges automatically roll over the new card each month.  The bank also tried to put a block on Spotify charges to my account but was overriden by MasterCard.  I'm stuck.  How do I cancel a Spotify account when I do not know the User ID or Password?

Cancel please and money back

Hi there @Andreawhite5,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

Please take a look at this article regarding cancellations and then this one for refunds.
If you wish to have your Premium immediately cancelled, you can reach out to support from here 🙂  We don't have the option to refund you directly from the Community. 
Note that it can currently take a few days before you get a reply.

Let us know if any questions arise.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello,

I have a similar question. I did subscripted for me and my ex by my card. Now she blocked me all the ways so how can I cancel her subscription? I already contact my bank but they said I must ask spotify to cancel

Thanks!

Hi there @TranTung,

Thanks for joining the thread!

In this case, as we're unable to look at your account in more detail here on the Community we'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support as suggested by @Elena. Have your payment information ready when you contact them, so they can track down the account and help you cancel the subscription.

Take care.

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

So I'm supposed to contact Elena or whomever, please give me a link. I am newbie here

Thank you!

Hey @TranTung,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

You can contact our Customer Support in any of the channels listed in this article. They will be able to take a look at your individual account and help you further.

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you. 

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts