Premium

Country 

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy S5

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Several months ago there was a bit of confusion regarding my account, most of which was my fault. But as a result Spotify said I would get 6 months paid for (I am a Premium member). A couple days ago I discovered I was still being cared 10 bucks a month, and had been throughout the time i was supposedly getting it for free. 

Today when I logged in, my account info indicated I am on the last month of my prepaid subscription (during which I was still getting charged) and that I would have to subscribe to keep my premium account active.

Lol...I thought I understood what "free" meant, but apparently it does not mean what I thought it does!)

I just want to cancel....period. The free six months still cost me 60 bucks, and I'm scared to death what it is going to cost when my six months of "free" is over.

Any ideas?

2 Replies

Hey @pphelps07, welcome to the Spotify Community!

It might be possible that you have two different accounts, so we'd recommend checking this info. 

In the meantime, you can double-check if the payments are registered in the account you mentioned here.

Keep us posted.

Checked everything. Only ONE *snip*

That is the only account.  I did the whole reset password thing.  Only one account.

I was supposed to get six months FREE.  Didn't happen.  I was charged each and every month during my "FREE" period.  

Nothing in **bleep** folder from Spotify.

Only one account. 

How does "FREE" equal sixty dollars??????????

I WANT TO CANCEL.  THAT'S ALL I WANT.  BUT I CAN'T.  IT SHOWS I'M NOT EVEN SUBSCRIBED, AND THAT I HAVE A "PREPAID" SUBSCRIPTION THAT EXPIRES NEXT MONTH.

I don't give a rip about anything other than I WANT TO CANCEL.  I want this taken care of ASAP.  Not six months from now, not six days from now.  If this is not taken care of by Monday, I am going to contact whoever I need to at the Attorney General's office and file a complaint, AND I am going to look into the feasibility of some type of class action suit, seeing as this is apparently quite common, judging from all the many other similar complaints.

Suggested posts