Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot buy Student Premium with Maestro- Netherlands

Cannot buy Student Premium with Maestro- Netherlands

I'm a student in the Netherlands and I want to upgrade my free account to a student subscription.

The problem is that being in the Netherlands most of the debit cards are Maestro and this type of payment is not accepted for the Student Premium. It seems weird to me that if you want to buy the normal Premium, they also accept iDeal or Paypal as methods of payment.

I have two debit cards, one Maestro from the Netherlands and one Visa but it's from a different country so I cannot use that one either.

My question is, how can I use my Maestro debit card to purchase the student premium account?

4 Replies

Hey @gabidobre,

Unfortunately, you can only subscribe to the Student Discount using the available payment methods.

If the payment method you’d like to use isn’t being offered to you on the payment page, then it’s most likely not available at the moment.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

How can it be available for paying the full price and not be available in the student offer? Isn't it, in the end, the same service offered by the same provider?

How can the payment methods available differ according to the amount of money you pay? 

That's just how it is at the moment.

I'll make sure to pass your feedback onto Spotify.

MaximSpotify Star

That's just how it is at the moment.

I'll make sure to pass your feedback onto Spotify.

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts