Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot cancel premium via Spotify nor third party

Cannot cancel premium via Spotify nor third party

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

The issue I'm having is trying to cancel my Spotify premium subscription. Firstly trying to do it from the Spotify website does not work, which is complete BS (whether it is direct or through a phone plan). Rogers (my phone provider) informed me that since it is a third party service I would have to cancel through Spotify, and there is nothing they can do on their end to cancel the service. This was after hours of being on the phone with them and going over and through their wntire website and apps. After exhausting that avenue, and exploring the corners of this community and both spotify website and the app, I'm at a loss. Please help me cancel this subscription and change the process so that people like myself are not stuck in limbo!!!!!!!!

Please and thank you.

9 Replies

Hey @0yellah,

What does it say on the following page: https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/?

Let me know 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This what the subscription page looks like for me:

This is what the subscription page says. Again, when I contact Rogers, they say I have to cancel through Spotify.This is what the subscription page says. Again, when I contact Rogers, they say I have to cancel through Spotify.

Hey again!

From what I can see in your screenshot, your subscription and payments are handled through Rogers.

In this case, I'd recommend reaching out to them one more time as they're the ones in charge of your subscription 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

I've spent hours on the phone with them, 2 calls in and one online chat with them. There is nothing they can do apparently as they say they no longer offer the service and tell me this can only be done through Spotify.

Unfortunately, only Rogers can manage your subscription, so I'd recommend reaching out to them once again and maybe asking for someone who's got a little bit of knowledge with such subscriptions. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Unfortunately, Rogers does NOT manage this subscription, according to them. I need someone from Spotify or who is knowledgeable with this situation and to get out of this ridiculous finger-pointing nonsense.

Thanks,

Hey @0yellah.

Thank you for getting back to us. We understand this is frustrating and really want to help.

Unfortunately as Rogers is an external organisation, we don't have access to their systems. We're unable to cancel/activate a subscription.

If you are close to an actual store it would be best to go there and request to speak to a supervisor. If that's not an option, can you send the screenshot of your subscription page to Rogers? This states that your subscription runs through them.

Sorry we can't do much from our end 🙂 Let us know how it goes.

Thanks for reading my post and trying to provide advice (to both responders 🙂 Unfortunately, it sounds like I don't really have any recourse other than continue to pester Rogers for a fourth time. Maybe this time will be different, but I suspect it will be futile yet again.

Perhaps Spotify should take a look at how the relationships between itself and  external entities (pertaining to subscriptions) are managed so this situation doesn't happen to people like myself. It should not matter how the subscription was initiated, if one wants to leave the paid service that individual should be able to do it through the primary organization (i.e. a cancellation request should be commutative).

Will let you know if Rogers changes its tune, but this seems unlikely.

Thanks again

Hey @0yellah,

Thanks for understanding. We're sorry that this is happening.

We would totally help you out if we could do anything from our side, but this is really up to Rogers. I've certainly passed this on to the right people, since it shouldn't be this hard to cancel a subscription.

Let us know how it went, hope they can help you this time.

Suggested posts