Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot change country to Romania

Cannot change country to Romania

Hello,

There are rumours that Spotify will be launched in Romania at the end of this month. It seems that some Spotify users are able to change their country to Romania. There is even a Terms & Conditions page in Romanian, so I hope the rumours are true: https://www.spotify.com/ro-ro/legal/end-user-agreement/#s3-1

I have tried to change my country to Romania, from Edit Profile. However, I can only choose UK or Poland (I had a subscription when I lived in Poland, some time ago). I have also tried to pay for a Premium subscription to see if I can change my country that way, but that didn't work, either. Is there any way to change my country to Romania at this time? Is this just not available yet, or is there an issue with my account?

Thanks!

5 Replies

Hey @H_E_L,

Spotify is currently not available in Romania, so you won't be able to change your account's country setting to Romania.

Feel free to enter your email address on https://spotify.com/why-not-available to be one of the first to know when Spotify is available in your country.

Thanks!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes, I know Spotify is not CURRENTLY available, but what about the terms and conditions link? And why can some users change the country to Romania? 🙂 I just want to know if there are any plans in the near future. I'm willing to pay for a Spotify Premium account in any currency, but, unfortunately, I can't...

Those people (mostly tech bloggers and journalists) who can change the country to Romania received a special code from Spotify to try the service before it launches in the country. Many sources claim that Spotify will launch on the 28th of November, but there are no official announcements yet. When Spotify was launched in Bulgaria and Hungary official announcement was made only a day before the launch, but there were people who were using the service two months before the official launch.
I guess we just have to be patient 🙂

The good news is, that if you have an account, you can use the web player without VPN. I've been using it since the end of summer.

If there is a "pilot/testing" phase involving bloggers, that must be a step forward, so maybe we'll finally have Spotify in Romania. I can use it for free, but I really hate the commercials, so right now I am using Deezer Premium instead (which sucks and doesn't work sometimes, but there's not better alternative).

Try Apple Music. They are in Romania for only 19.99 ron.

Suggested posts