Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot claim free 60 day trial

Solved!

Cannot claim free 60 day trial

Hello,

I received an email stating that I could begin a 60 day free trial, but when I tried to claim it nothing happened. I entered my account info and my payment information, but my premium features aren't working. I tried logging out and back in on both my iphone and mac but it is still not working. Here is a picture of the email I received. I really hope I can get this figured out soon because I would really like to have premium by tomorrow evening for a party.

Thanks,

Paige 

spotify.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Paige21 -

It might be possible that you have used your payment method before to pay for a Premium subscription in a different account. Let me know if that is the case, as you're not able to take this offer with a payment method that was used before with Spotify.

Keep me posted 🙂

/B

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

31 Replies

Hey @Paige21, welcome to the community.

Hope your doing great!

Sorry to hear you can’t activate your trial for Premium, but no worries - I’ll be happy to help.

Thanks for the image you provided me. Could you provide me which country are you currently using to access Premium? 

You can also learn more about Trials, and offers from Spotify by visiting these links: 

Let me know how this goes! 

/B

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi @billyj,

thank you very much! I am in the United States. I also have never taken a free trial before so that shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks, 

Paige

@Paige21 -

Thanks for the reply! 

I’ve double checked, there isn’t a 60 day trial available on Spotify yet, but may be in the future. There is only a 30 day trial available at the moment. Here is the link to check it out: https://www.spotify.com/premium 

I hope this helps 🙂

/B

Billy-JSpotify Star

Is it possible that they terminated the offer because I just received this email two days ago and it states that the offer does not expire until August 10th.

Thanks,

Paige:)

@Paige21 -

Thanks for the reply!

Can I get a screenshot of the trial offer sent to you, and please send me the address this was sent from. 

Also, check out this support article: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/payment_help/i-cannot-activate-the-30-day-free-tria...

Let me know how this goes 🙂

/B

Billy-JSpotify Star

Here is the complete email they sent me. I received this from hello@spotify.com. It allows me to go to the webpage to claim this offer as well as put in my payment information, but after this is complete nothing changes. I can send you a picture of the website it takes me to if that helps.

Thanks,

Paige

spotify 4.jpg

@Paige21 -

Thanks for the picture 🙂 This trial does look legit. 

In order to redeem it, you need to be a user who hasn’t had Premium before. You can learn more about the terms of this trial here: https://www.spotify.com/legal/new-60-days-free-trial-terms-and-conditions/

Hope this helps!

/B 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Yes I have never had premium before or have ever claimed a trial. I even checked my receipts to make sure. I get to this screen and after I enter the payment information it just brings me to the second screen where it says 30 day trial and nothing happens?

Thanks,

Paige

Spotify3.jpg
spotify5.jpg

@Paige21 -

Thanks for the images.

Did you click the button included in the email, or did you copy, and paste the link in a browser?

Let me know 🙂

/B

Billy-JSpotify Star

I've tried clicking the button in the browser and the hyperlinked image that they sent with it. Both bring me to this site.

spotify2.jpg

@Paige21 -

Thanks for the reply! 

Could you try using another browser to do this? And please do send me the link to that site, that image you provided to me.

Let me know how this goes!

/B 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

I tried another browser and the exact same thing happened. Here is the link :

https://www.spotify.com/us/promo/summer/?utm_source=Spotify_premiumupsell&utm_medium=house_email&utm...

I've even tried just claiming the 30 day trial instead and nothing happens either.

Marked as solution

@Paige21 -

It might be possible that you have used your payment method before to pay for a Premium subscription in a different account. Let me know if that is the case, as you're not able to take this offer with a payment method that was used before with Spotify.

Keep me posted 🙂

/B

Billy-JSpotify Star

I think that may be the case because my mom used this card to purchase premium on her account. Thank you, I will try a different method of payment!:)

@Paige21 -

Thanks for the reply! 

In this case, that’s the reason why the trial isn’t working for you. Yes, if you try another payment method, hopefully that will help - as long as that other payment method hasn’t been used on one of the Premium products. 

Hope this helps!

/B 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

This worked thank you so much! It wasn't allowing us to use the same paypal account at all, so I had to switch to a different card. Thank you!

@Paige21 -

You’re very welcome! I’m so happy to hear you were able to get your trial started!

Have a... https://open.spotify.com/track/0bRXwKfigvpKZUurwqAlEh?si=U7xDw9LpTgGuvjiXfV4ebA 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Thank you, you too!:)

I have similar issue.

The ad of 60 days trail keep prompting, so I finally decided to take it. But when I enroll it only shows 30 days trail. I saw some msg said it will change to 60 days ... but it is not happening to my account (yet?)

Help!

Suggested posts