Free

Country

India

Device

SAMSUNG A50s

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

I am unable to get my Free one month trial for student account even when I am verified and haven't used Premium before. 

It straight away went to payment. It showed 59 rupees deducted and I am still on Free account.

Please help

6 Replies

Hey @nitin64,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community.

If the Spotify account you're accessing is on the free version despite your payment, it'd be good if you'd read all the info and follow the steps featured in this support site article.

Your subscription could have been activated on a different Spotify account. Furthermore, the charges you received might be for authorization purposes or pending. In the last two cases, the charges should automatically be refunded. You can also reach out to your payment method provider in order to clear up the status of these charges.

Hope you'll find this useful. Keep us posted and let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for quick response

I have confirmed it. It was for no other account. And the message showed
Payment Failed but still the amount was deducted from my account. So
Hopefully I would get the refund.

But what about the other issue of free one month on Student Plan?
I am facing a lot of issues for getting premium. Few days back I tried
getting Family Premium but my card was not getting accepted. I have tried
all my card. I use these cars for all kinds of transactions. Abroad or
Local. But still facing issues

But it will be enough if you resolve the issue of Student plan for now.

Thank you

Hey @nitin64,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

To clarify, if you're eligible for a trial offer you'll be directed to activating your subscription through it by the time you click on the offer.

If you're being directed to a different page without the trial, it means that you're not eligible for it. As a heads-up, it's good to know that any trial offer is not only associated to the particular account which uses it, but to the person who owns the account. So if a user who already used a trial offer with their first account creates a second account, they won't be able to use another trial offer with that account. 

Regarding your failed attempts to activate Premium with all your cards, it'd be good to reach out to your payment methods provider(s) to double-check they're authorizing recurrent transactions, such as the Spotify subscription renewal, and to wait 1-3 days before trying any of them again.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator

Hey

It's my one and only account. But it is okay. You have cleared most of
doubts. Hopefully I will get a refund of the amount deducted.

Thank you

Hey @nitin64,

Thanks for coming back and your kind words. 

Just to be on the safe side, I'd suggest to keep in touch with the provider of the card which got charged in order to monitor how these pending charges will be refunded. 

In the meantime, don't hesitate to get in touch if there's anything else you might need help with.

Wishing you a good and a safe day!

Mario Moderator

Thank you so much

Suggested posts