Cant pay with Credit Card in South Africa?

Solved!

Cant pay with Credit Card in South Africa?

Mot187
Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

South Africa

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS 13.6

My Question or Issue

Good day, I joined Spotify on the 3 months Free Premuim Deal, where i registered and put up my credit Card as requested. In the mean time, before the first decudtion could occur, i had to had my Credit Card changed and thus has a new Credit Card Number. Since then my payment failed on Saturday. Today that i tried to change the credit card details to my new one it wont allow me to do so. It only allows me to add a Network Provider (Vodacom) as a option BUT I AM NOT WITH THAT Network. Does this mean i cant use Spotify in South Africa without having a Vodacom Contract?  

24 Replies

Elena

Great to hear that you were able to subscribe @hugoAmosrust.

We were making some changes to the system so things were a bit out of order for a short moment.

It should be fixed now, but if someone still has trouble they can use the links to get it sorted.

Hope this shines some more light on the situation.

Just give us a shout if there's anything else we can do for you.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

chookins
Casual Listener

I see this issue is dated back to 2020. I am trying to change my credit card details on the Family plan but also only giving me an option to pay by Vodacom. So I changed it to the Pay By Carrier thinking that I could go and change it back and add the new credit card details, but it will not give me that option.

I have tried the links provided above but that is for Duo and I need Family. If I click on Family it just shows I am already subscribed and still wont let me change my payment details. 

Please help...

Alex

Hi there @chookins,

Thanks for the post!

Can you try to open this link and see if this allows you to change the family plan?

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

chookins
Casual Listener

Thanks for your quick reply.

I have already sorted it out, painfully, and it shouldn't be this complicated:

1/ I canceled my membership
2/ Renewed my membership hoping it would ask for new payment details, but it didn't. It simply reverted to old payment details.

3/ Changed plan to Duo, and it asked me for a new payment plan so I could enter the new credit card details.

4/ Changed the plan back to Family and it kept the new payment method intact.

Also, I see while looking at the Account Overview, that I was going to be billed R109 on my next billing cycle. Since I have managed to change the plan and payment method, I am now going to be billed R99.

Don't you think it's fair that if you have a price reduction, that I'm sure many people will be happy about, that the new price reflects and is billed immediately and not have to force update the plan like I just did?

Many thanks again.

Alex

Hey there @chookins,

Thanks for the reply.

Glad to hear that you were able to re-subscribe for Family using your card.

Usually, users should be able to change their payment method to any of the available in the region at will. We'll report this to the right folks at Spotify, so that they can investigate further.

Whenever you change your Premium plan, you're being billed only when your old premium time is over, so the billing doesn't happen instantaneously.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde
SUGGESTED POSTS