Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant upgrade to Premium Duo

Solved!

Cant upgrade to Premium Duo

I attempted to upgrade to a Duo account from a Premium account, and got the following error message:

Unable to change plans. This could be because you're not eligible for this plan, you're already on it, or you don't have a stored payment method.

I have a valid stored credit card on file that gets charged every month. I found another article suggesting that I cancel my Premium account first and try using an incognito browser. I did that, and I am still unable to sign up for Premium Duo. And since I cancelled, I no longer have Premium either. 

Plan

Free and Premium

Country

USA

Device

Windows 10, Android

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I solved this by canceling Premium, removing my payment method, and adding a different payment method. Then I re-enabled Premium, and upgraded to Premium Duo.

This may be solved just by removing and re-adding payment method without having to cancel Premium, but I haven't tested it.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Had to switch to PayPal (MasterCard was configured, but PayPal seemed to be the only option), then upgrade to Duo and then I could switch back to MasterCard.... What a lovely flow...

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

I solved this by canceling Premium, removing my payment method, and adding a different payment method. Then I re-enabled Premium, and upgraded to Premium Duo.

This may be solved just by removing and re-adding payment method without having to cancel Premium, but I haven't tested it.

Marked as solution

Had to switch to PayPal (MasterCard was configured, but PayPal seemed to be the only option), then upgrade to Duo and then I could switch back to MasterCard.... What a lovely flow...

Suggested posts