NEXT STEP

Card being replaced, can’t pay for premium

Card being replaced, can’t pay for premium

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia 

My Question or Issue

My card was stolen and is currently locked while I wait for my new one to arrive, but this means I am behind on a payment for premium as Spotify can no longer take payments automatically from the old card - I’m worried it’s going to stop reminding me and cancel my subscription, anybody know what I should do?

5 Replies

Hey @anyacelik6,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

Spotify will attempt to charge the saved payment method a few times. After several failed attempts, your account will revert back to the Free plan.

You can then always re-subscribe to Premium at https://spotify.com/premium 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks so much! Will I lose my music?

Your offline music will be removed from your device(s), but all other stuff won't be deleted as Free users can create playlists, save music etc. as well 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

I have the same problem. I already cancelled my Premium and tried getting it again but it won't work. I have contacted the bank and they say they don't even receive the requests, so the problem is on Spotify's side. 😞

@pmakino,

To ensure that we can offer you the best help that we can, could you please create your own thread? Doing so is easy. Simply select the appropriate board here, and then select “Start a Topic.”

Thank you very much!

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts