Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Card canceled, waiting for new card

Card canceled, waiting for new card

I'm on Spotify Premium. I had to cancel my payment card for security reasons and should get the new one early next week. In the meanwhile, my monthly Spotify payment is due and I received a message that I need to update my card details ASAP.

How can I make sure my account will not be suspended until I update my details in the next few days? It's bad timing really, I'll update as soon as I can.

2 Replies

Hey @raphaele, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'll be happy to help.

If your card isn't active or you don't have sufficient funds on your payment method, your Premium subscription doesn't automatically revert to Free. Spotify will attempt to charge the card a few times over the course of a few days (the amount of times varies). After a certain amount of times, your Premium subscription will be canceled and reverted to Free.

If you'd like to purchase a gift card for the month to ensure your Premium won't get canceled, you can go to select retailers in your area, or you can buy gift cards online at places like PayPal

When you do get your new payment card, you can update your payment details following these steps.

I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey there @raphaele,

Thanks for asking about this! This can happen to anyone, so we totally feel you.

Just like @Billy-J said, the subscription won't be cancelled immediately after the first time the payment won't go through. There will be other attempts, so if in the meantime your new card is ready, you can enter the new payment details and ensure your subscription will continue.

If that's not the case however, there's no reason to worry. When your account reverts to Free, you'll still have your music collection as it was with both Liked Songs and all the playlist you've created. The only difference is that you'll receive ads and that you 'll have limited amount of skipping songs on mobile device. So, you can quickly and easily revert back to Premium as soon as you have your new card. 

We hope this helps 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts