Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Carry over annual payment to new account?

Solved!

Carry over annual payment to new account?

In December, I paid for an annual year subscription to Spotify.  Is it possible to cancel my current account linked to Facebook, open a new account, and have the remainder of my subscription carry over to the new account?

Thanks for any help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @melican, welcome to the community. 

Hope you’re doing great!

To be able and close an account, your account would have to be on the Free ad-supported version. 

In your case, after your annual subscription is over, you’ll be able to close your account, since it’ll then be reverted to free.

I’d recommend canceling your subscription first, then wait until your account reverts to free (You’ll still have access to your Premium features) to close your account and continue on the new one.

You can learn more about closing your account here

Happy listening 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @melican, welcome to the community. 

Hope you’re doing great!

To be able and close an account, your account would have to be on the Free ad-supported version. 

In your case, after your annual subscription is over, you’ll be able to close your account, since it’ll then be reverted to free.

I’d recommend canceling your subscription first, then wait until your account reverts to free (You’ll still have access to your Premium features) to close your account and continue on the new one.

You can learn more about closing your account here

Happy listening 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts