Change Premium Family to Non Family Premium

Plan

Family Premium

Country

USA

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Today I have switched my plan from Premium to Premium Family. When I change it back I can't seem to change plans. Its like stuck with Premium for Family. When I change it, the error gives "Payment failed. Try again, or use a different payment method. Get help". I do have a credit card on file. Please help ASAP. Thank You.

P.S. Another error I get is “ Oops! Something went wrong, please try again.“ This happens when I change plans through the website. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @dmp2460 

You will first have to cancel your family plan, through the website. Doing so will cancel your subscription, but you will still be premium until the remaining days of your subscription are used up.

After you cancel, you can resubscribe to the regular premium to ensure that your offline music won't be deleted and that your subscription will renew when it's time.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey there @dmp2460,

How's it going?

After you cancel, like @osornios said, you should update the payment details so you can subscribe to Premium again. 

If you keep getting error messages, you can try doing that on a desktop device, in an Incognito Window. 

You can find more information on payment troubleshooting here.

Keep us posted 🙂

PetyaModerator

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @dmp2460 

You will first have to cancel your family plan, through the website. Doing so will cancel your subscription, but you will still be premium until the remaining days of your subscription are used up.

After you cancel, you can resubscribe to the regular premium to ensure that your offline music won't be deleted and that your subscription will renew when it's time.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Okay, but it tells me two errors that I mentioned in my previous post. How do I resolve this?

Marked as solution

Hey there @dmp2460,

How's it going?

After you cancel, like @osornios said, you should update the payment details so you can subscribe to Premium again. 

If you keep getting error messages, you can try doing that on a desktop device, in an Incognito Window. 

You can find more information on payment troubleshooting here.

Keep us posted 🙂

PetyaModerator

Thank you very much. After the wait period, I was able to change my plan back.

Suggested posts