Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change Spotify Family subscription from external company to Spotify

Solved!

Change Spotify Family subscription from external company to Spotify

I have a family subscription with an external company that i have now ended, will end within a month.

What to do to continue my subscription directly via Spotify? Just wait for the old to run out and  get  a new one? What will happen with my songlists and  my family members accounts?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Anton13.

Awesome! I'll be happy to help you with your questions.

1. When your account reverts to free, you'll lose your Premium features, but you won't lose your saved songs, playlists, etc. on your account - no worries.
  2. If your wife's account is not connected with your Premium for Family plan, their account won't have any changes (Unless her account is also reverting to free on a certain day).

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions - I'm always happy to help 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @Anton13, and welcome to the community.

Hope you’re doing great!

To confirm, you got a Premium for Family subscription using a third party (another company) and want to see how to end it and pay with Spotify directly?

Keep me posted 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Yes @Billy-J, I have a premium for family today from third party. But it will end within a month. What will happen with my Spotify account now? I want to pay with Spotify directly. Should I wait until this subscription ends and then subscribe to Spotify directly? I dont want to loose  my account and all my playlists

Hey @Anton13.

Thanks for the confirmation!

In this case, I'd recommend reaching out to the company you are subscribed to Spotify with and cancel your subscription with them. You'll need to wait until the account reverts back to free before you can pay using Spotify.

Then, log into your Spotify account, or you can get started again with Premium for Family here. From there, you'll enter your payment info and then you should be able to pay Spotify directly.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Thank you, this is what i intended to do and now i know this is a correct way of doing it. 

I have a couple of more questions:

1. As i understand, my account will still be active as a free account after unsubsricption from premium. This means my playlists will not dissapear?

2. Will my wifes account also become a free account with her playlists still there but with no connection to my family subscription?

Marked as solution

Hey @Anton13.

Awesome! I'll be happy to help you with your questions.

1. When your account reverts to free, you'll lose your Premium features, but you won't lose your saved songs, playlists, etc. on your account - no worries.
  2. If your wife's account is not connected with your Premium for Family plan, their account won't have any changes (Unless her account is also reverting to free on a certain day).

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions - I'm always happy to help 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts