Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change family subscription to

Solved!

Change family subscription to

Hello,

I am the owner of a family subscription.

Because we are not leaving together anymore I want to “split” the account and have my own one.

The other members of my family subscription love Spotify and still want to use it.

Is there a solution to have my own account with the same playlists... ? And the other members to keep there own ?

thank you 

Adrian

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @adriansibilla,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

No worries, changing subscriptions allows everyone to keep their own playlists and saved music.

To split your Premium Family subscription into an individual subscription for each Spotify user, you can follow these steps:

1. Log in to your account page.
  2. Under Your plan, click CHANGE PLAN.
  3. Here you can switch to another Premium plan, or select CANCEL PREMIUM under Spotify Free

If you cancel your Premium Family subscription, then all members’ accounts will revert to the Free service at the end of your current billing cycle.

If you instead switch to another Premium plan, then all members’ accounts other than your own will revert to the Free service, and you’ll be charged the standard Premium rate for the plan of your choosing at your next billing date.

The other members can then either subscribe to their own Spotify Premium plan here, or remain on the Free plan.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @adriansibilla,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

No worries, changing subscriptions allows everyone to keep their own playlists and saved music.

To split your Premium Family subscription into an individual subscription for each Spotify user, you can follow these steps:

1. Log in to your account page.
  2. Under Your plan, click CHANGE PLAN.
  3. Here you can switch to another Premium plan, or select CANCEL PREMIUM under Spotify Free

If you cancel your Premium Family subscription, then all members’ accounts will revert to the Free service at the end of your current billing cycle.

If you instead switch to another Premium plan, then all members’ accounts other than your own will revert to the Free service, and you’ll be charged the standard Premium rate for the plan of your choosing at your next billing date.

The other members can then either subscribe to their own Spotify Premium plan here, or remain on the Free plan.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Perfect. You answered my question

Thank you

Suggested posts