Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change from Student account to family account

Solved!

Change from Student account to family account

I have a student premium account that I just have started two months ago.

Although, I wanted to upgrade to a family account with my flatmates. I would be the owner of the account. I have two issues:

1)

Will I stop to be charged from the student account? Sice supposedely there is a 12 month period.

2)

One of my flatmates has also a student account. Can he also be added as a family member and stopped being charged for the student acount?

Thanks!

Plan

Student Premium -> Family Premium

Country

Germany 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @jungal10

1) Yes, Spotify will stop charging you for the student subscription, you will only pay for the Family account. The 12 month period just makes you eligible for student discount but it is not an obligation to keep paying.

2) Also yes, just invite him to the family subscription. When he accepts the invite, his own subscription will be put on hold and he won't be charged anymore.

For additional info, you can check the official FAQ thread about Family Subscription.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @jungal10

1) Yes, Spotify will stop charging you for the student subscription, you will only pay for the Family account. The 12 month period just makes you eligible for student discount but it is not an obligation to keep paying.

2) Also yes, just invite him to the family subscription. When he accepts the invite, his own subscription will be put on hold and he won't be charged anymore.

For additional info, you can check the official FAQ thread about Family Subscription.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for thw quick and clear answer!

hi there, 

what about my student subscription ends on 15th August (I just got a 4,99€ bill on 15th July), while I changed my subscription to family today (on 18th July) and it said on the page after I am in the family Premium that "I will be charged 14,99€ on 5th August". If I understand right, my student subscription should last until 15th Aug, so why do you charge me again another 14,99€ on 5th Aug??? What should I do with the duplicated period? I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Hey @chryseisho,

Thanks for posting your question in the Community!

When you change your subscription from Individual/Student to Family/Duo the Premium time gets converted into Premium Family/Duo time.
Because of this, the change to Family/Duo is immediate, but your next payment date gets moved earlier in time 🙂
You will not be charged on the 15-th.

Let us know if any other questions arise.
Cheers!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

hi Vasil, thanks for your quick reply ^^!! Now I understand. 

Suggested posts