Change from credit card payment to gift card

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Mexico

Operating System

Android 

My Question or Issue

I started using spotify premium with the 30 days free option. For doing so i had to register a credit card. The 30 days are about to end and i wanted to change my payment mode to gift card, so i entered the pin from my gift card and i got the recepit and everything is ok with that. My question is how do i know if Spotify wont take money from the credit card anymore? i mean how can i cancel the credit card  data for payment? because i can't erase the data from my account

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Jul7, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Once you have applied the gift card to your account, then it gets automatically applied to your account, and you get a receipt confirming that. 

For example, if you brought a gift card today for 1 month (04/06/20), the gift card covers the payment for the month. Then, on 05/06/20 you would be charged from your regular payment method (credit card).

If you applied the gift card to your account, and you received a confirmation email with your receipt of the gift card, then the billing date should be farther on your account.

There is some more info about Gift Cards here.

I hope this helps.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @Jul7, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Once you have applied the gift card to your account, then it gets automatically applied to your account, and you get a receipt confirming that. 

For example, if you brought a gift card today for 1 month (04/06/20), the gift card covers the payment for the month. Then, on 05/06/20 you would be charged from your regular payment method (credit card).

If you applied the gift card to your account, and you received a confirmation email with your receipt of the gift card, then the billing date should be farther on your account.

There is some more info about Gift Cards here.

I hope this helps.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts