Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change of Country

Change of Country

Hello,

as I was living in the US for a while, I used my American credit card to pay for my Premium. Recently I moved back to the Czech Republic and need to change my payment details in order to pay for Premium using my Czech card.

When I try to change my payment details, I am obliged to enter a ZIP code. But obviously, it accepts nothing but US ZIP codes. Entering a Czech ZIP code does not work. Neither does entering a US ZIP code followed by Czech payment details as it is not a US-issued card.

The easiest solution would be a change of the country. However, I cannot change the country in the settings (see attached printscreen). United States are set as my default country and cannot be changed.

Therefore, I am basically stuck. I cannot change my payment card without changing the country. But at the same time, I cannot change my country without changing a payment method.

I would appreciate any kind of help.

Thanks!

Snímek obrazovky 2018-01-14 v 20.01.46.png
1 Reply

Hey @filipaaasek,

Apologies for the late reply, but maybe I can still help 🙂

Please try clearing your browser's cache and cookies or use an incognito window.

In case you get the same results, you can cancel the current subscription, wait until the account goes back to Free, update the country, and then resubscribe.

When your account gets downgraded to Spotify Free, no saved songs etc. will get deleted.

Have a nice day!

Luke

LukeSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts