Change subscription

Plan Premium (1Y subscription)

Country Indonesia

Device

Xiaomi Pocophone F1

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

I wanted to buy Spotify Family (my prev. payment didnt go through so the plan got suspended), but I somehow bought the 1Y Spotify Premium subscription plan instead bc I thought it's for the the yearly family plan.

Is there a way to change the subscription plan to Spotify family (use the 1Y plan as credit or perhaps refund the 1Y subscription plan)?

I appreciate any feedback.

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Bhad,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

If you upgrade your subscription to Premium Family, your billing switches automatically - you don’t need to cancel anything; and the individual Premium time that you have from your 1-year Premium plan will instantly be converted into Premium Family and shortened because the price difference. 

You can sign up for the Premium Family plan here, and then invite the other members of your residence by following the steps provided in this Support article. Bear in mind that the Premium Family plan can't be prepaid like the individual subscription; you need to enter a recurring payment method.

Alternatively, if it’s been less than 14 days since you signed up for the 1-year Premium plan and you haven’t used Spotify on your account with this plan, you can feel free to contact Customer Support here to request a refund.

I hope this helps, and let us know if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @Bhad,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

If you upgrade your subscription to Premium Family, your billing switches automatically - you don’t need to cancel anything; and the individual Premium time that you have from your 1-year Premium plan will instantly be converted into Premium Family and shortened because the price difference. 

You can sign up for the Premium Family plan here, and then invite the other members of your residence by following the steps provided in this Support article. Bear in mind that the Premium Family plan can't be prepaid like the individual subscription; you need to enter a recurring payment method.

Alternatively, if it’s been less than 14 days since you signed up for the 1-year Premium plan and you haven’t used Spotify on your account with this plan, you can feel free to contact Customer Support here to request a refund.

I hope this helps, and let us know if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @TreyAnastasio,

appreciate the help.
I upgraded my subscription and Spotify notifies me that my next billing period will be on 2021 (prorated based on what I paid for the 1Y subscription plan).
Thanks a bunch.
Have a good one yourself!

Suggested posts