Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changed credit card and Spotify continued to charge even when credit card was not activated

Changed credit card and Spotify continued to charge even when credit card was not activated

I started backpacking in Europe in February and planned to be here for several months. I had the free trial of Spotify at the time. I changed my credit card to a new card (with no yearly fee) and it was sent to my sister in Canada. I never activated the account, just had changed it so I wouldn't be charged a yearly fee and my credit score wouldn't be impacted.

This card was never activated and it never showed up on my online banking. However, I just reviwed my bank emails and saw that a monthly payment is required for the credit card (which again, is not showing up on my bank account). Turns out Spotify started charging my account in March 2019 and has been ongoing until now. I have no idea how they were able to do this when I myself do not know the card number. I have contacted my bank and they said I first needed to take up the issue with Spotify. Yet I do not see any direct way to contact Spotify.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks very much, 

Anna 

1 Reply

Hey, @amalewicz 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

That doesn't sounds good... Considering the complexity of your case and payment issues, you need to be in touch with the Customer Support team. Just go on there and answer the questions that best explain your issue and then tap "I still need help". If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts