Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changed credit card can't update payment

Changed credit card can't update payment

I had to change my credit card,  I have a premium account but when I try to update the payment information it does not give me the option of continuing with Premium account of 10$ a month, I can only buy Premium Family account, which I have no use for, for 15$ a month. 

Can someone please help.

Thank you 

4 Replies

Have you already tried the steps in the link below?

https://support.spotify.com/us/account_payment_help/payment_help/manage-payments/

Hey there @Gummoli

Thanks for reaching out - help’s here!

Just to confirm, have you tried updating your payment in a private/incognito window? This step is useful in making sure you'll avoid issues with the cache-memory of the device. 

We also suggest you take a look at this help page, as you'll find more info on updating your payment method. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.

Hi @Ivan 

Yes I have tried incognito after I chatted with someone from Spotify online, it made no difference. 
I have talked to my bank and my credid card provitor, they see no reason for the payment not going through. In fact they see the payment is actually being approved on their end so the fault is totally, definately 100% Spotify. I have a feeling IU'm being forced into family subscription I neither want nor need.
I will move my business elsewhere 

Hey there @Gummoli

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Do you mind showing us a screenshot of the Spotify subscriptions you see available when trying to subscribe for the regular Premium plan? We'd like to take a closer look at what you see on your side, as the expected behavior is both the regular and Family Premium to be shown to you. 

We'll look out for your reply. 

Suggested posts