Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing Payment Method to Former Student Plan

Solved!

Changing Payment Method to Former Student Plan

Hi, I used to be a student and was on the Student Plan. Now, I'm no longer a student and recently paid $9.99 for the Premium Plan. I want to change the card I'm billed to, and when I go to change the payment method, it also wants me to Verify My School but says it can't verify me. There's no way to say I'm no longer a student, and it just won't save my changed payment information in the mean time. 

Screen Shot 2017-05-09 at 11.07.11 AM.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @cat35,

In this case, it's better to delete your payment info first.

What I'm suggesting you to do is this:

1. Go to your Subscription page.

2. Click UPDATE under Payment Info. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before removing your payment info.

After you've removed your payment info, resubscribe to Premium with the new card info, and you should be set.

Let me know how it goes 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @cat35,

In this case, it's better to delete your payment info first.

What I'm suggesting you to do is this:

1. Go to your Subscription page.

2. Click UPDATE under Payment Info. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before removing your payment info.

After you've removed your payment info, resubscribe to Premium with the new card info, and you should be set.

Let me know how it goes 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts