Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing billing country

Changing billing country

Hey guys! 

I'm a Spotify Premium customer who has moved from NZ to Australia and want to update my subscription to Aussie. 

Soooo, I've followed this thread to update my payment settings in "Account" before trying to switch countries: 

https://support.spotify.com/au/account_payment_help/account_basics/how-can-i-change-my-country-setti...

But it doesn't work - I keep getting this error:

"Your payment method and country don't match.

To continue, change your account's location or use a different payment method."

Then I try to change my account's location but it's greyed out.

Help?

3 Replies

Hey @kelseyob-nz,

I'd recommend that you cancel your subscription, wait until your account has reverted to the Free plan, then change your country setting via the dropdown menu and then re-subscribe here using your new payment details.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks Maxim!  That sounds extremely cumbersome - do you know if I will retain all of my playlists etc? 

Also, I can't find pricing information for the monthly subscription in my new country.  I currently pay NZD$14.99 per month, but can't see a monthly price for the AUD - and I don't want to go to a yearly subscription.  I was hoping this information might become available when I changed the drop down on my "country" - but with your suggestion it will mean I lose my month-to-month membership (even if it is in NZD).

Any advice on that? 

Yes, of course you'll keep all your playlists.

I believe that $11.99/month is the current price in Australia.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts