Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing credit card and being billed on both suddenly

Changing credit card and being billed on both suddenly

I have a family plan. I went to change the credit card for billing, and they switched the bill date to immediately for the full amount -- but the transactions are coming through on both the old card AND the new card. So, double the full monthly rate in addition to something I've already paid for once. What's going on?

3 Replies

Hey @stephendidit,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Don't worry we'll get to the bottom of this. 

What has most likely happened is that you currently have two active Premium subscriptions on two separate accounts. This is why it appears you're being charged twice.

We'd recommend running through the steps in this Support Article. There you'll find helpful tips on how you can find the unused account and cancel your Premium subscription for it. If you're having trouble with this, you'll find the contact details of our customer support team at the bottom of the article. They'll be able to help out further if you can't find the second account on your own.

Hope this info helps. We're here if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

If that's the case, then that means I would have created the new family
account yesterday. Which I didn't do. And I wasn't being charged twice
until I changed the CC number.

Hey @stephendidit,

Thanks for the reply.

If you've checked for a second account and that's not the case, what might have happened is that the system has charged your new card to verify if it's a legit payment method. If so, the sum should be automatically refunded to your account.

Can you check if the sum has been refunded to your account? If not, I'd recommend reaching out to our customer support team, through one of the channels here. They'll be able to have a look at your account and payments and clarify exactly what's going on. As a community moderator I don't have access to your Spotify account data and can't say for sure what caused both your cards to be charged.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts