Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing credit card

Solved!

Changing credit card

Hi there

I have recently had to change my credit card. How do I alter my details so that my Spotify account isn't cancelled?

300 Replies

Hey @Annieclaude

You should try with a different browser, or open a private window (incognito mode), and see if that does it.

Also, try in a different device (computer, tablet, etc.)

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I does not work, I have tried every day for 10 dqays now without being able to change it!

I need to change my credit card details. When I choose "Update" I get a reply "Loading, please wait" - and nothing happens.

Hey @HildeNO

You should try with a different browser, or open a private window (incognito mode), and see if that does it.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Thank you for Your advise. It did help!

Changed my card to the new one , thank you

Glad I was able to help. 🙂

https://open.spotify.com/track/400PdC8w7nzIh2vqalEbSA

osorniosSpotify Star

Hi,
Sorry I don't know how to start in this community.. I just have Question. this is my first time in spotify. i wanted to get a premium using my Credit Card but i don't know if its safe, i just want to get some comments or suggestion. 

Thank you.

😄

Yes its safe

Currently not working for me. Try to update credit card info then I'm directed to the input form for college info. I'm not trying to get spotify student, I'm trying to change my credit card info,

Hey @NickNicoNico

In this case, it's better to delete your payment info before updating it. You will still be Premium until the remaining days of your subscription are used up.

What I'm suggesting you to do is this:

1. Go to your Subscription page.

2. Click UPDATE under Payment Info. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before removing your payment info.

After you've removed your payment info, resubscribe to Premium with the new card info to ensure that your offline music won't be deleted and that your subscription will renew correctly when it's time.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star

I have been a premium member for many years and simply want to chane my payment method to a new credit card but the Spotify only offers me TRY PREMIUM FOR FREE.

Can anyone tell me how to simply do this? If I cancel my account and redo I will be liable to a higher monthly charge.

Hey @Maurice123

Do you get email receipts for your subscription purchases? Search for one of them in your email account. In it, the Spotify username you're paying for is shown:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Login with that username to the website to check the status of your subscription, and your receipts.

If everything looks ok, you should be able to change your payment info without having to cancel.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Unfortnately for me, the link doesn't work to update my credit card info. All it does is say "Loading, please wait.....' and it never loads. It's been two days. I tried to change it prior to my monthly payment date, but haven't had any luck and now I get the message that the payment wasn't processed!! Ugggh! So frustrating!

Hey @MusicLover61

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

I am having issues changing my payment information as well. I go directly to the subscriptions tab and click UPDATE. From there it just says, LOADING PLEASE WAIT..... and never updates. It will not give the opportunity to change the information. ANy help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your reply! Good to see it's not only happening to me. Must be a log jam with people in the same situation or business is really good and they don't need our money any longer!

Thanks, I'll give your suggestion a try!

I can't change using this link, since I am changing from a credit card issued in Brazil to a Credit Card issued in the USA. The billing address does not give me the option to change county. Can you help me out here? Thanks.

Hey @MihailP

In this case, it's better to delete your payment info before changing countries. You will still be Premium until the remaining days of your subscription are used up.

What I'm suggesting you to do is this:

1. Go to your Subscription page.

2. Click UPDATE under Payment Info. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before removing your payment info.

After you've removed your payment info, change your country in profile, and resubscribe to Premium with the new card info to ensure that your offline music won't be deleted and that your subscription will renew correctly when it's time.

Your payment card country must match your country in profile, and the country of your IP address.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts