Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing credit card

Solved!

Changing credit card

Hi there

I have recently had to change my credit card. How do I alter my details so that my Spotify account isn't cancelled?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community about this!

We'd recommend checking the steps to update your payment information in this support site article.

Keep in mind that any changes you make will take effect on your next payment.

Hope this helps! If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to give us a shout in the related Help Board. We'll be happy to take a look there.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

300 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

You can visit your subscriptions page then select 'change payment method or card details'. Follow the steps from there and your payment details will be changed.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

I need to change credit card asap the credit card Spotify has on file its cancelled. I have been trying to leave this message on contact us but with no success until now I hope you get this message. Thank you

@Sambustos - Can you not change your card here?
https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/change-payment/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hello,

Is there a limit/restriction on the amount of times I can change my credit card? Since I will be using MBNET, a service that creates a temporary card valid for one month, I will need to change it monthly. Do I risk getting my account blocked or canceled?

Thanks!

Edit: I'll also take the oportunity to ask if the credit card has to be from the same country as my account (I'm an expat living in Finland, while the MBNET service is from my Portuguese bank account).

Yes, your payment card and Spotify registered country must match.

I suspect you may have issues with MBNET, we have seen it before as when you set up a Spotify subscription there are normally two charges, one for 0.00 to verify the card exists then another payment for Premium.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

My credit card has expired and I need to change, but when I log in, the website defaults to the language of the country where I am working rather than English and I can't understand what's on the screen. It's been a few days since I got the email re payment failure- will I be ok till next weekend, or can I get the website to show me English?

Hey,

I've been trying to change my credit card details but I keep on getting the message, "oops something has gone horribly wrong" and this has been happening for 3 nights now. I'm in danger of losing my Spotify premium account - what do I do??

I had student discount account but my last make payment failed because my wallet was stolen so now I have a new credit card but when I'm trying to make payment using my new credit card it said something wrong with payment and I know my credit card is valid.

It doesn't give me that option.  It looks like I'm signing up for the first time.

I am experiencing the same issue. Have you received a solution yet?

No, I come to the page the the dial just spins and spins....Anyone know why?

To change payment info:

1. Go to http://spotify.com/

2. Login to your account

3. Go to your Subscription and payment overview --> http://spotify.com/account/subscription/

4. Click UPDATE DETAILS.

osorniosSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am relocating from CZ to EE and upgrading payment details fails. It detects that I want to use credit card issued in Estonia but after I clic change/switch to Estonia my payment details will be stay unchanged. applies also to PayPal.
Previously CZ dudes closed my CZ card without notification  because they thoutht that Amazon payment requests were very-very-very suspicious. 😄

@urtabajev

Why don't you delete your payment info and cancel your subscription altogether? You will still be premium until the remaining days of your subscription are used up.

After you cancel, you can resubscribe to premium with the new card info to ensure that your offline music won't be deleted and that your subscription will renew correctly when it's time.

What I'm suggesting you do is this:

1. Go to your Subscription and payment overview --> http://spotify.com/account/subscription/

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

4. Change country to EE in your Spotify profile. (I suppose you're already in Estonia)

5. Subscribe to Premium with new payment info.

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.

The country in your profile and payment info must match. That's why you're having problems.
osorniosSpotify Star

Every time i try to enter my card number, the entry box adds unnecessary spaces so that I can't enter the FULL 16-digit number without being told i'm entering too many numbers. Have tried it on my phone and on every browser i have, and it doesn't work. Gotta get this done within like two days because otherwise the subscription will time out. 

Spotty support sucks !!

Hello there,

after having some problems with PayPal I tried to change my method of payment to credit card. Typed in my data (correctly), country matches (germany), no success, the "error message" blames it on the credit card company, so I called them but no luck either, they saw Spotify demanding 0€ to check the existence of the credit card, everything accepted, but then it seems to crash everytime.

Is there anybody who has experienced similar kind of problems or just happens to know a solution?

@KaiiSt

In this case, it's better to delete your payment info and cancel your subscription altogether. You will still be premium until the remaining days of your subscription are used up.

What I'm suggesting you to do is this:

1. Go to your Subscription and payment overview --> http://spotify.com/account/subscription/

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.

After you've cancelled and removed your payment info, change your country in profile (if you need to), and resubscribe to Premium with the new card info to ensure that your offline music won't be deleted and that your subscription will renew correctly when it's time.

Your payment card country must match your country in profile, and the country of your IP address.

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts