Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing credit card

Solved!

Changing credit card

Hi there

I have recently had to change my credit card. How do I alter my details so that my Spotify account isn't cancelled?

300 Replies

@altancred wrote:

Hi there

I have recently had to change my credit card. How do I alter my details so that my Spotify account isn't cancelled?

Hi, What I found solved my problem is I tried using a different web browser. When I opened Spotify in Google Chrome and logged in to my account I was able to update my new credit card information without any problem. I hope it works for you too!  Good Luck!

I want to pay for premium with telstra prepaid but it won't let me I've done it in the past but now it's not letting me do it I need help

I opened spotify in google chrome and it let me enterin all the information on my credit card BUT I keep getting an error saying payment failed please use another payment method. I am not sure what else to do. my card had expired and I needed to change the exp date and CV#. Any clues on how to get this changed? Yes, my card is good

Hey @Princess7

You should try with a different browser, or open a private window (incognito mode), and see if that does it.

Also, try in a different device (computer, tablet, etc.)

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I appreciate your help and went incignito. I still get the same error. Is there anyone to actually contact at spotify? I can'y believe it is this hard to change the exp date and CV#.

I did cancel my subscription and waited for it show free. I resubscriped (incognito) and I still get that my care attempt failed.GRRRRRRR

I've used the ipad, chan ged browers, went cognito. I only have one payment method and find it odd that is so complicated. I can't even find a number to call. I guess I will need to change music vendors. Thanks again for your reply, I thougth for sure it would work

@Princess7

You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares or message Spotify Cares Facebook.

osorniosSpotify Star

hi,im getting spoyifyfor free but your still taking it off my master card

This is absolutely moronic! Changing payment data (credit card / plan upgrade...) should be the easiest thing to do in any online service!

I want to change my credit card info only I have a new card...how do I delete what's on file now so that payments will be taken from my new card?

Hey @deehoy2013

Try doing this:

1. Go to your Subscription page.

2. Click UPDATE under Payment Info.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

No: when you click that link, it takes you to a window where they offer Spotify Premium family. So if I choose a payment method, it says that I am authorizing them to charge me $14.99 which is the amount for the Premium Family, not just Premium.

My credit card was stolen last Friday and I need to update the details with the new one!

Thank you.

Pilar

This doesn't work because it doesn't take you to a place where you can change your credit card # only sign up for Paypal. I don't want to pay through Paypal

I'm having the same issue. Any chance you've found a solution? 

i have tried your method but it does not work

I also can't change my credit card details. Clicking "UPDATE" just refreshes the page, which ultimately does nothing. @spotify please help us!

Hitting "update" only refreshes the page. It does not actually let you change the card number 

Same here! No way that I can change cc! 😞

Hey @qhubertz @duckvader21

You should try with a different browser, or open a private window (incognito mode), and see if that does it.

Also, try in a different device (computer, tablet, etc.)

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts