Changing credit card

Solved!

Re: Changing credit card

TuckerMcGyver
Regular

My solution was to use IE browser instead of Chrome... after everything I went through... ARGHHH... it was that simple... I did not see this as a solution before or after my post... unless I missed it.. but folks that's what worked for me...  

Greggory4444

Hey,

I have a related issue.

I linked my account to my UK card and set my country as the UK in order to purchase a cheap trial period, after which I cancelled my subscription. As I am now finishing my stay in the UK, I would like to purchase premium using a Polish card (so that it can be charged with Spotify-Poland rates), however, in the subscription part in my account's menu I only have an option to start a premium using UK's rates and no option to change card details.

Is it possible to change card details and be charged other country's rate in such a situation?

Cheers!

luckyygrace
Regular
This has been happening to me as well for like 3 weeks!'

N012994
I canceled my subscription 4 months ago and im still being charged.
How can I make this stop!!!!

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

@Greggory4444

Your payment card country must match your country in profile, and the country of your IP address.

Once you're in Poland, you can cancel your current subscription, delete your current payment details, change your country in profile, and resubscribe with your polish card at polish rates.

osorniosRock Star 22
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

@N012994

Do you get email receipts for your subscription purchases? In them, the Spotify username you're paying for is shown:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Logout of the app, and be sure to use that username to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

Login with that username to the website to check the status of your subscription here:

In there you should delete your payment details, so no new charges cn be made.
To do so:

1. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

2. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.

osorniosRock Star 22

Casual Listener

I click on updating payment details then next screen welcomes me to Premium.  How can I change VISA card data, and keep old subscription?

Thanks

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

@191110

You can login to the website to check the status of your subscription here:

In there it appears the renewal date, which is when you actually get charged, not before, even if you update details.

If you want to be sure, you can delete your payment info and then add the new one after. You will still be Premium until the remaining days of your subscription are used up.

What I'm suggesting you to do is this:

1. Go to your Subscription and payment overview --> http://spotify.com/account/subscription/

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.

After you've cancelled and removed your payment info, resubscribe to Premium with the new card info to ensure that your offline music won't be deleted and that your subscription will renew correctly when it's time.

osorniosRock Star 22

SaschaJames

Hi, I am trying to use a card that has a differnt name on it to my account name and it will not work. Can you help me? 

Removing my cred card number

ssmenale

Hola

He cancelado mi suscripción premiun y necesito cambiar datos de mi tarjeta de crédito. 

Ya he pagado el último recibo generado por spotify y deseo que ya no mantengan vinculada mi tarjeta, pues en el banco me dicen que no puedo hacer cambios con mi tarjeta de crédito, pues figura que aún esta vinculada a la cuenta de spotify, a pesar de que mi membresía ya fue cancelada.

Por favor cómo puedo comunicarme por otra vía para resolver esto.

Gracias

SUGGESTED POSTS