Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing payment method not working

Changing payment method not working

Plan

Premium Family

Country

Bulgaria

Device

irrelevant

Operating System

irrelevant

My Question or Issue

Hi guys,

Recently my credit card got held by an ATM and the bank issued a new one. I got it and while it still wasn't activated I tried to update my payment info here on Spotify (I received an e-mail that I had 5 days to do that until I got kicked out of Premium). I tried several times and the update wasn't possible. I called the bank and they said the card wasn't activated yet. I waited until yesterday, when it was activated (I checked on an ATM). I tried to update my payment info, but still not possible.

Is there a possibility that the several attempts (unsuccessful) to have blocked this card to be used on Spotify?

I really want to update my payment info with this card exactly.

ANy help would be appreciated,

Thanks

3 Replies

Hello @DeerDancer!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. No worries though, I'll try to help you out. 

First of all, can you make sure you tried to change your payment method following these steps? If you did so but you still can't purchase a Premium subscription with your new credit card, I'd recommend checking out this Support article for the next steps to take.

Hope this helps and let me know how you get on 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello @Jose_M,

I tried both suggestions. None of them worked. I tried first with two activated cards, then I contacted my bank - they said that no request has been made towards the cards.

I already downgraded to FREE... I will try again... later? Or please suggest another solution.

Regards,

DeerDancer

Hello @DeerDancer!

Thanks for you reply. It might be worth updating your payment method again since your account reverted to the Free version. Keep me posted 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts